ISC 2018 Call for BoFs
Like-minded ISC attendees come together in our informal Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions to discuss current HPC topics, network and share their thoughts and ideas. Each 60-minute BoF session addresses a different topic and is led by one or more individuals with expertise in the area. BoFs are different in nature from panels, technical paper sessions, tutorials, vendor talks, and other, more presentation-oriented parts of the ISC program. Proposals that cannot demonstrate a clear concept for the intended interactivity of their BoF will be rejected. During and after the conference, attendees will be asked for feedback on all program components, including BoFs. The amount of interactivity will be given special attention in the survey.
Submitted BoF proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2018 BoFs Committee, which is headed by Dr. Georg Hager, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, with Prof. Simon McIntosh-Smith from the University of Bristol as Deputy Chair.
The BoF sessions will be held from Monday, June 25th through Wednesday, June 26th , 2018.
Attendance will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
| Submission Deadline
Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 11:59 pm AoE
| Notification of Acceptance
||Wednesday, March 28, 2018|
|BoF Sessions||Monday, June 25 – Wednesday, June 27, 2018|
|Final Presentation Slides in PDF due||Friday, June 29, 2018|
Areas of Interest
BoF sessions are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Submission & Review Process
BoF proposals need to be submitted via the ISC 2018 submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/ by Wednesday, February 28, 2018. The following information needs to be provided in the online submission form:
- Title of the BoF session
- BoF organizer/speaker information
- Short abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Maximum intended fraction of time spent for presentations
- Description of approach to make the BoF interactive
- Targeted audience
- Estimated number of attendees
The BoFs Committee will review and evaluate all submitted BoF proposals based on their originality, significance, quality, clarity, and diversity with respect to the overall diversity goals of the conference. Proposals must also show a clear concept for the required interactive nature of a BoF. Each proposal will be reviewed by at least three reviewers. The committee will select the BoFs for presentation at ISC 2018 and allocate their time slots.
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting a BoF proposal, you agree to organize and host the BoF session at ISC 2018 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- BoF presenters need to be registered ISC 2018 participants.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the BoF sessions.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
Presentation Slides for Attendees
The ISC organizers will make the presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2018 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link. BoF authors are kindly requested to provide a PDF version of their presentation slides to Ms. Tanja Grünter at tanj by Friday, June 29, 2018 at the latest. firstname.lastname@example.org
The BoFs Committee reviews all BoF proposals submitted and selects the sessions to be presented at ISC.
- Georg Hager, University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany (chair)
- Simon McIntosh-Smith, University of Bristol, UK (deputy chair)