ISC 2018 Call for Project Posters
The project poster session is an excellent opportunity to present information about your research ideas and projects at ISC 2018. With more than 3,000 participants, ISC has established itself as the HPC event in Europe to disseminate ongoing and future research work, as well as foster discussion within the community, and engage in international cooperation.
We introduced the project poster session as a new track in 2017 to give scientists a platform for information exchange and due to its success continue this session. For attendees the project posters are an opportunity to gain an overview of new developments, HPC research and engineering activities. In contrast to the dissemination of research results in the research poster session, project posters enable participants to present ongoing and emerging projects by presenting fundamental ideas, methodology and preliminary work. Researchers with upcoming and recently funded projects are encouraged to submit a poster of their work. Those with novel project ideas are invited to present as well.
All accepted project posters will be displayed from Monday, June 25 through Wednesday, June 27, 2018 in the exhibition hall on a prominent spot. During the two coffee breaks on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon, ISC attendees will have the opportunity to meet the authors at their posters to discuss their projects.
Attendance to the session will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
| Submission Deadline
||Friday, March 16, 2018, 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||Friday, April 6, 2018|
| Final Poster PDFs due
||Monday, June 11, 2018|
|Project Posters on Display||Monday, June 25 – Wednesday, June 27, 2018|
Areas of Interest
Project posters are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Submission & Review Process
Project poster proposals need to be submitted via the ISC 2018 submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/ by Friday, March 16, 2018. The following information needs to be provided in the online submission form:
- Poster title
- Poster author information
- Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Draft of the poster as PDF file, 1 page maximum (the final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”)). As a guideline for the content, the following information is considered to be relevant:
- Runtime of the project
- Participating partners
- Pursued approach and methodology
- Current status of the project
- Excerpt of intermediate/Preliminary results
- Roadmap, in particular the next steps
The review process of the project posters will be light-weight to give as many people the chance to present ideas and projects. The acceptance criteria are the quality of the presentation and relevance for the ISC attendees (see the guidelines for the expected content above). The Project Posters Committee will evaluate the posters with respect to these criteria with the goal of providing feedback to the authors to improve their submissions; this process will be supported by shepherding to ensure high-quality posters.
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting a project poster proposal, you agree to present the poster at ISC High Performance 2018 in Frankfurt, Germany. You also agree that ISC may publish your poster in the online conference program and the ISC 2018 proceedings.
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2018 participants, and only posters of registered presenters will be admitted.
- There will be a project poster presentation on Tuesday, June 26, during the afternoon coffee break. Please ensure that at least one presenter from your team is available to present your project.
- Poster presenters are responsible for creating, printing and transporting their posters to the conference. The final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”).
- The ISC organizers will provide poster boards, numbers, QR codes, topic areas, tape etc. for the poster session.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
In addition to publishing PDFs of the project posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will also include them in the ISC 2018 proceedings, which will be made available to attendees a week after the event. ISC 2018 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.
From all project posters submitted, the Project Posters Committee selects the ones for presentation at ISC.
- Anja Gerbes, FIAS, Germany
- Valeria Bartsch, Fraunhofer, Germany
- Julian Kunkel, Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum, Germany (Chair)
- Ekaterina Tutlyaeva, RSC, Russia (Co-Chair)
- Alvaro Aguilera, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
- Ramaswamy Govindarajan, SERC, India
- David Ham, Imperial College London, UK
- Weicheng Huang, National Center for High-Performance Computing, Taiwan
- Nabeeh Jumah, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Oleksiy Koshulko, Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of NASU, Russia
- Fang-Pang Lin, National Center for High-Performance Computing, Taiwan
- Yuichi Tsujita, RIKEN AICS, Japan
- Ying Qian, East China Normal University, China
- Rio Yokota, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Philipp Neumann, Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum, Germany