ISC 2018 Call for Research Papers
The ISC research paper sessions provide world-class open forums for engineers and scientists in academia, industry, and government to present and discuss issues, trends, and results that will shape the future of high performance computing.
Submitted research papers will be reviewed by the ISC 2018 Research Papers Committee, which is headed by Prof. David Keyes, KAUST, as Chair and Dr.-Ing. Carsten Trinitis, TU Munich, as Deputy Chair and Professor Rio Yokota, Tokyo Institute of Technology, as Proceedings Chair and Dr. Michèle Weiland, EPCC, as Proceedings Deputy Chair.
The research paper sessions will be held from Monday, June 25, through Wednesday, June 27, 2018. Attendance will require a Conference Pass.
The ISC organizers as well as the German Gauss Center for Supercomputing will again sponsor the call for research papers with two awards for outstanding research papers: the Hans Meuer Award and the GAUSS Award.
| Submission Deadline
||Friday, December 22, 2017, 11:59 pm AoE|
|Author Rebuttals||Monday, February 19 – Thursday, February 22, 2018|
| Notification of Acceptance
||Monday, March 5, 2018|
|Camera-Ready Submission||Monday, April 2, 2018|
|Research Paper Sessions||Monday, June 25 – Wednesday, June 27, 2018|
|Final Presentation Slides in PDF due||Friday, June 29, 2018|
Areas of Interest
We encourage the submission of high-quality papers reporting original work in theoretical, experimental, and industrial research and development. The ISC submission process will be divided into seven tracks this year for better manageability:
|Architectures & Networks||Data, Storage & Visualization|
|HPC Applications||HPC Algorithms|
|Programming Models & Systems Software||Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning|
|Performance Modeling & Measurement|
Note: Submissions on other innovative aspects of high performance computing are also welcome. You will be asked to pick a primary and a secondary track from the seven above for your submission.
Submission & Review Process
- Papers need to be submitted via the ISC 2018 submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/ by Friday, December 22, 2017.
- We accept only submissions which are formatted correctly in LNCS style (single column format) using either the LaTeX document class or Word template. For details on the author guidelines, please refer to Springer's website. Incorrectly formatted papers will be excluded from the reviewing process.
- Paper submissions are required to be within 18 pages in the above mentioned LNCS style. This includes all figures and references.
- Each paper will be peer-reviewed double-blind (see ISC 2018 Double-Blind Review Guidelines) by at least 4 reviewers and should be submitted in a form suitable for anonymous review. Papers will be evaluated by reviewers based on their novelty, fundamental insights and potential for long-term contribution.
- Papers will go through a rebuttal phase to give authors the chance to respond to reviewer comments and to discuss them with the Research Papers Committee. During this phase, the reviews of your paper would be made available to you and you will have the opportunity to address any questions from the reviewers or aspects that you feel the reviewers might have misunderstood. The rebuttal will be in written format, and further instructions will be emailed to the authors. After the rebuttal period has closed, the Research Papers Committee members and chairs will have an opportunity to look through the author rebuttals and would be able to change their reviews based on this information. Final decisions will be made taking the reviews and rebuttals into consideration.
- At an in-person Research Papers Committee meeting, each paper will be discussed before the acceptance decisions are made.
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting a paper, you agree to present the paper at ISC 2018 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Paper presenters need to be registered ISC 2018 participants. The ISC organizers will grant a 100% discount on the conference day pass to one presenter per paper for the day of their presentation (or an equivalent discount on the full conference pass).
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
The Research Papers Committee sets up the research paper sessions, based on a call-for-papers procedure.
- David Keyes, KAUST, Saudi Arabia (Research Papers Chair)
- Carsten Trinitis, TU Munich, Germany (Research Papers Deputy Chair)
The sub-committee chairs will be named shortly.