The 2016 Student Cluster Competition
June 20 – 22
The fifth ISC-HPCAC Student Cluster Competition will once again be organized by us joining forces with the HPC Advisory Council (HPCAC), a leading organization for high performance computing research, outreach and education.
The purpose of this competition is to introduce the next generation of students to the high performance computing community and its technology.
In this friendly and spirited competition, we will feature 12 student teams of six undergraduate and even high school students, from different parts of the world. These student teams will compete in real time over a three-day period on the ISC Exhibition floor to build a small cluster computer of their own design and run a series of HPC benchmarks and applications.
Here are the teams at a glance:
- Boston Green Team
- Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC)
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Nanyang Technological University
- Purdue University and University of Colorado, Boulder
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Tsinghua University
- University of Hamburg
- University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
- University of Tartu
- Universitat Politècnica De Catalunya Barcelona Tech (UPC)
For full details on the competition, please visit the HPCAC website.