ISC 2019 Call for BoFs
Like-minded ISC attendees come together in our informal Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions to discuss current HPC topics, network and share their thoughts and ideas. Each 60-minute BoF session addresses a different topic and is led by one or more individuals with expertise in the area. BoFs are different in nature from panels, technical paper sessions, tutorials, vendor talks, and other, more presentation-oriented parts of the ISC program. Proposals that cannot demonstrate a clear concept for the intended interactivity of their BoF will be rejected. During and after the conference, attendees will be asked for feedback on all program components, including BoFs. The amount of interactivity will be given special attention in the survey.
Chair - Prof. Dr. Simon McIntosh-Smith
Submitted BoF proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2019 BoFs Committee, which is headed by Prof. Simon McIntosh-Smith, University of Bristol, with Prof. Masha Sosonkina, Old Dominion University, as Deputy Chair.
The BoF sessions will be held from Monday, June 17 through Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
Attendance will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
| Submission Deadline
||Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||Wednesday, March 20, 2019|
|BoF Sessions||Monday, June 17 – Wednesday, June 19, 2019|
Areas of Interest
BoF sessions are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Submission & Review Process
BoF proposals need to be submitted via the ISC 2019 submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/ by Wednesday, February 20, 2019. The following information needs to be provided in the online submission form:
- Title of the BoF session
- BoF organizer/speaker information
- Short abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Maximum intended fraction of time spent for presentations
- Description of approach to make the BoF interactive
- Targeted audience
- Estimated number of attendees
The BoFs Committee will review and evaluate all submitted BoF proposals based on their originality, significance, quality, clarity, and diversity with respect to the overall diversity goals of the conference. Proposals must also show a clear concept for the required interactive nature of a BoF. Each proposal will be reviewed by at least three reviewers. The committee will select the BoFs for presentation at ISC 2019 and allocate their time slots.
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting a BoF proposal, you agree to organize and host the BoF session at ISC 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- BoF presenters need to be registered ISC 2019 participants.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the BoF sessions.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
Presentation Slides for Attendees
The ISC organizers will make the presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2019 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.
For more information please send email to bofs -firstname.lastname@example.org
The BoFs Committee reviews all BoF proposals submitted and selects the sessions to be presented at ISC.
- Simon McIntosh-Smith, University of Bristol, UK (chair)
- Prof. Masha Sosonkina, Old Dominion University, USA (deputy chair)
- to be announced soon