ISC 2019 Call for BoFs
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for BoFs is closed!
Like-minded ISC attendees come together in our informal Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions to discuss current HPC topics, network and share their thoughts and ideas. Each 60-minute BoF session addresses a different topic and is led by one or more individuals with expertise in the area. BoFs are different in nature from panels, technical paper sessions, tutorials, vendor talks, and other, more presentation-oriented parts of the ISC program. Proposals that cannot demonstrate a clear concept for the intended interactivity of their BoF will be rejected. During and after the conference, attendees will be asked for feedback on all program components, including BoFs. The amount of interactivity will be given special attention in the survey.
| Submission Deadline
| Notification of Acceptance
||April 10, 2019|
|BoF Sessions||June 17 – June 19, 2019|
BoF sessions are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
- Title of the BoF session
- BoF organizer/speaker information
- Short abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Maximum intended fraction of time spent for presentations
- Description of approach to make the BoF interactive
- Targeted audience
- Estimated number of attendees
- Minimum 3 reviewers
- Criteria: originality, significance, quality, clarity and diversity and a clear concept for the required interactive nature of a BoF
Final decision (April 10, 2019)
- Selection of BoFs
- Allocation of the time slot
- Notifications of authors
- By submitting a BoF proposal, you agree to organize and host the BoF session at ISC 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- BoF presenters need to be registered ISC 2019 participants.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the BoF sessions.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
- Attendance will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
The ISC organizers will make the presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2019 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.
The BoFs Committee reviews all BoF proposals submitted and selects the sessions to be presented at ISC.
- Simon McIntosh-Smith, University of Bristol, UK (chair)
- Prof. Masha Sosonkina, Old Dominion University, USA (deputy chair)
- David Bader, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Sunita Chandrasekaran, University of Delaware, USA
- Nahid Emad, University of Versailles, France
- Dominik Göddeke, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- José Gracia, University Stuttgart, Germany
- Oana Marin, MCS, USA
- Lawrence Mitchell, Imperial College London,UK
- Vladimir, Voevodin, Moscow State University, Russia
- Jan Wender, Atos BDS science+computing ag, Germany
- Andreas Wierse, SICOS BW GmbH, Germany
- Xingfu Wu, Argonne National Laboratory, University of Chicago, USA
- Roman Wyrzykowski, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland