ISC 2020 Call for BoFs
PLEASE NOTE: The call for BoFs is currently open for submission!
Like-minded ISC attendees come together in our informal Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions to discuss current HPC topics, network and share their thoughts and ideas. Each 60-minute BoF session addresses a different topic and is led by one or more individuals with expertise in the area. BoFs are different in nature from panels, technical paper sessions, tutorials, vendor talks, and other, more presentation-oriented parts of the ISC program. Proposals that cannot demonstrate a clear concept for the intended interactivity of their BoF will be rejected. During and after the conference, attendees will be asked for feedback on all program components, including BoFs. The amount of interactivity will be given special attention in the survey.
Submitted BoF proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2020 BoFs Committee, which is headed by Prof. Masha Sosonkina, Old Dominion University, USA, with Roman Wyrzykowski, University of Czestochowa, Poland, as Deputy Chair.
Submissions will be accepted through Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
| Submission Deadline
||February 19, 2020, 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||March 18, 2020|
| BoF Sessions
||June 22 - 24, 2020|
| BoFs Chair
||Masha Sosonkina, Old Dominion University|
| BoFs Deputy Chair
||Roman Wyrzykowski, University of Czestochowa|
BoF sessions are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
- Title of the BoF session
- BoF organizer/speaker information
- Short abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Maximum intended fraction of time spent for presentations
- Description of approach to make the BoF interactive
- Targeted audience
- Estimated number of attendees
- Minimum 3 reviewers
- Criteria: originality, significance, quality, clarity and diversity and a clear concept for the required interactive nature of a BoF
Final decision (March 18, 2020)
- Selection of BoFs
- Allocation of the time slot
- Notifications of authors
- By submitting a BoF proposal, you agree to organize and host the BoF session at ISC 2020 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- BoF presenters need to be registered ISC 2020 participants.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the BoF sessions.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
- Attendance will require at least an Exhibition Pass.