ISC 2020 BoF Sessions
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for BoFs is closed!
Like-minded ISC attendees come together in our informal Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions to discuss current HPC topics, network and share their thoughts and ideas. Each 60-minute BoF session addresses a different topic and is led by one or more individuals with expertise in the area. BoFs are different in nature from panels, technical paper sessions, tutorials, vendor talks, and other, more presentation-oriented parts of the ISC program. Proposals that cannot demonstrate a clear concept for the intended interactivity of their BoF will be rejected. During and after the conference, attendees will be asked for feedback on all program components, including BoFs. The amount of interactivity will be given special attention in the survey.
Attendance will require an Exhibition Pass.
Please find the registration prices and pass entitlements here.
| BoFs Chair
||Masha Sosonkina, Old Dominion University|
| BoFs Deputy Chair
||Roman Wyrzykowski, University of Czestochowa|
- 100% Open Source Full Stack Cluster Management
- 20th Graph500 List BoF Proposal
- Arm for HPC: User Experiences at the Edge of the SVE Era
- Cloud Infrastructure solutions to run HPC workloads
- Data-Centric Computing for the Next Generation
- EuroHPC: the next big thing in scientific computing in Europe
- Guidelines for HPC data center monitoring and analytics framework development
- How to Scale HPC Training?
- HPC and you - a student BoF on enjoying a career and community in HPC
- HPCG Benchmark Update
- InfiniBand In-Network Computing Technology and Roadmap
- Khronos SYCL: Heterogeneous Programming in Modern C++
- LUSTRE in HPC, BigData and AI: Status, New Features and Roadmap
- Modular Supercomputing - Versatility and Efficiency for Complex Workloads
- Multi-Level Memory and Storage for HPC, Data Analytics & AI
- On the way to OpenMP API Version 5.1
- OpenHPC Community BoF
- Quality Assurance and Coding Standards for Parallel Software
- Shaping tomorrow with BeeGFS. The architecture, technology, product direction and development plans.
- Small is beautiful – Leveraging Small Datatypes for HPC Performance and Efficiency
- Spack Community BoF
- Streaming Graph Analytics
- Successful FPGA Programming Methods and Tools for HPC
- The Green500: Trends in Energy Efficient Supercomputing
- The HPC PowerStack: A Community-driven Collaboration Toward a Software Stack for Power and Energy Efficiency
- The IO-500 and the Virtual Institute of I/O
- The Message Passing Interface: Final Steps to MPI 4.0
- Unified Communication X (UCX) Community
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for BoF's is now closed!
Submitted BoF proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2020 BoFs Committee, which is headed by Prof. Masha Sosonkina, Old Dominion University, USA, with Roman Wyrzykowski, University of Czestochowa, Poland, as Deputy Chair.
| Submission Deadline
| Notification of Acceptance
||March 18, 2020|
| BoF Sessions
||June 22 - 24, 2020|
AREAS OF INTEREST
BoF sessions are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Submission & Review Process
- Title of the BoF session
- BoF organizer/speaker information
- Short abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Maximum intended fraction of time spent for presentations
- Description of approach to make the BoF interactive
- Targeted audience
- Estimated number of attendees
- Minimum 3 reviewers
- Criteria: originality, significance, quality, clarity and diversity and a clear concept for the required interactive nature of a BoF
Final decision (March 18, 2020)
- Selection of BoFs
- Allocation of the time slot
- Notifications of authors
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting a BoF proposal, you agree to organize and host the BoF session at ISC 2020 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- BoF presenters need to be registered ISC 2020 participants.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the BoF sessions.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
- Attendance will require at least an Exhibition Pass.