ISC 2022 Call for Bird-of-a-Feather Sessions
PLEASE NOTE: THE CALL FOR BOFs IS CLOSED!
Like-minded ISC attendees come together in our informal Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions to discuss current HPC topics, network and share their thoughts and ideas. Each 60-minute BoF session addresses a different topic and is led by one or more individuals with expertise in the area. BoFs are different in nature from panels, technical paper sessions, tutorials, vendor talks, and other, more presentation-oriented parts of the ISC program. Proposals that cannot demonstrate a clear concept for the intended interactivity of their BoF will be rejected. During and after the conference, attendees will be asked for feedback on all program components, including BoFs. The amount of interactivity will be given special attention in the survey.
Attendance requires an Exhibition Pass. Please click here to view our registration fees.
| BoFs Chair
||Roman Wyrzykowski, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland|
|BoFs Deputy Chair||Iosif Meyerov, Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novogorod, Russia|
- 100% Open Source Full Stack Cluster Management with Qlustar
- Accelerating Arm for Zettascale
- Accelerating HPC and AI with DAOS Storage
- Accelerating HPC using Deep Learning with IPU technology
- Composable Infrastructure: Lessons Learned by SDSC
- Container in HPC
- Creating an Open HPC Ecosystem with RISC-V
- Does HPC really need data management?
- HPC and you the second - a Student BoF on Enjoying a Career and Community in HPC
- InfiniBand In-Network Computing Technology and Roadmap
- International Association of Supercomputing Centers
- International HPC Certification
- Khronos SYCL: Heterogeneous Programming in Modern C++
- Large-Scale Data Management with Data Lakes
- LLVM in HPC - Where we are and Where we Need to be
- LUSTRE in HPC, AI and Big Data: Widening Scope, New Features and Roadmap
- MLPerf: A Benchmark for Machine Learning
- OpenACC User Experiences, Hackathons, Vendor Reaction, Relevance, and Roadmap
- OpenHPC Community BoF
- Quantum Computing Meets HPC, What now?
- Quo vadis OpenMP API?
- Smart resource management beyond compute nodes
- Software Engineering and Reuse in Modeling, Simulation, and Data Analytics for Science and Engineering
- Spack Community BoF
- The Green 500: Trends in Energy-Efficient Supercomputing
- The IO-500 and the Virtual Institute of I/O
- The Message Passing Interface (MPI): On the Path to MPI 5.0
- Transforming Medicine with HPC
- Unified Communication X (UCX) Community
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for BoF's is now closed!
Submitted BoF proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2022 BoFs Committee, which is headed by Roman Wyrzykowski, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland, as Chair with Iosif Meyerov, Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novogorod, Russia as Deputy Chair.
| Submission Deadline
| Notification of Acceptance
||March 8, 2022 (extended)|
|Submission of Final List of Speakers Deadline||April 29, 2022|
|Submission of Final Presentation Slides Deadline||tbd|
|BoF Sessions||May 30 - June 1, 2022|
AREAS OF INTEREST
BoF sessions are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Submission & Review Process
- Title of the BoF session
- BoF organizer/speaker information
- Short abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Maximum intended fraction of time spent for presentations
- Description of approach to make the BoF interactive
- Targeted audience
- Estimated number of attendees
- Minimum 3 reviewers
- Criteria: originality, significance, quality, clarity and diversity and a clear concept for the required interactive nature of a BoF
Final decision (March 8, 2022 extended)
- Selection of BoFs
- Allocation of the time slot
- Notifications of authors
Terms & Conditions
- ISC 2022 is planned as an in-person conference from May 29 to June 2, 2022 in Hamburg, Germany. By submitting a BoF proposal, the submitter agrees to organize and host the BoF session at ISC 2022 in Hamburg, Germany.
- BoF presenters need to be registered ISC 2022 participants.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the BoF sessions.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
Attendance will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
The ISC organizers will make the presentation materials available within the event platform for registered attendees only.