ISC 2022 Call for Bird-of-a-Feather Sessions
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for BoFs is open for submissions!
Attention all potential proposal submitters! We are committed to hosting ISC 2022 on-site and will fulfill all the safety standards prescribed by the German government and health authorities pertaining to Covid-19. Therefore, we strongly encourage submissions from people who plan to attend the conference in person.
Like-minded ISC attendees come together in our informal Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions to discuss current HPC topics, network and share their thoughts and ideas. Each 60-minute BoF session addresses a different topic and is led by one or more individuals with expertise in the area. BoFs are different in nature from panels, technical paper sessions, tutorials, vendor talks, and other, more presentation-oriented parts of the ISC program. Proposals that cannot demonstrate a clear concept for the intended interactivity of their BoF will be rejected. During and after the conference, attendees will be asked for feedback on all program components, including BoFs. The amount of interactivity will be given special attention in the survey.
Submitted BoF proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2022 BoFs Committee, which is headed by Roman Wyrzykowski, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland, as Chair with Iosif Meyerov, Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novogorod, Russia as Deputy Chair.
Submissions will be accepted through February 2, 2022.
Attendance requires an Exhibition Pass.
ISC 2022 registration fees will be published in spring 2022.
| Submission Deadline
||February 2, 2022 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||March 3, 2022|
|Submission of Final List of Speakers Deadline||April 29, 2022|
|Submission of Final Presentation Slides Deadline||tbd|
|BoF Sessions||May 30 - June 1, 2022|
| BoFs Chair
||Roman Wyrzykowski, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland|
|BoFs Deputy Chair||Iosif Meyerov, Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novogorod, Russia|
BoF sessions are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Submissions will be accepted through February 2, 2022
BoF session proposals need to be submitted via the ISC 2022 Linklings submission site.
- Title of the BoF session
- BoF organizer/speaker information
- Short abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Maximum intended fraction of time spent for presentations
- Description of approach to make the BoF interactive
- Targeted audience
- Estimated number of attendees
- Minimum 3 reviewers
- Criteria: originality, significance, quality, clarity and diversity and a clear concept for the required interactive nature of a BoF
Final decision (March 3, 2022)
- Selection of BoFs
- Allocation of the time slot
- Notifications of authors
- ISC 2022 is planned as an in-person conference from May 29 to June 2, 2022 in Hamburg, Germany. By submitting a BoF proposal, the submitter agrees to organize and host the BoF session at ISC 2022 in Hamburg, Germany.
- BoF presenters need to be registered ISC 2022 participants.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the BoF sessions.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
Attendance will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
The ISC organizers will make the presentation materials available within the event platform for registered attendees only.