ISC 2022 offered 3,007 HPC practitioners, users, and vendors from 59 countries a feeling of community and togetherness after not seeing each other in person for close to three years.
The homecoming took place from May 29 to June 2 in Hamburg, Germany. Out of a total of 3,007 attendees, 2,809 were onsite and 200 joined remotely. Most of the daily program was streamed live and made available on demand the following day. The on-demand content will be available for viewing until the end of 2022.
Attendees were also excited to be able to connect with 137 exhibitors this year. Exhibitors were hosted on the show floor, as well as virtually. This allowed attendees the chance to arrange meetings with vendors outside the exhibition hall.
May 29 - June 2ISC 2022
ISC High Performance attendees can look forward to a number of prestigious awards that recognize research excellence in high performance computing.
Research Paper Awards
The following award will be given to one outstanding research paper submitted to the conference:
HANS MEUER AWARD
The Hans Meuer Award honors the most outstanding research paper submitted to the conference’s Research Papers Committee. This award has been introduced in the memory of the late Dr. Hans Meuer, general chair of the ISC conference from 1986 through 2014, and co-founder of the TOP500 project.
From all submitted research papers, the Research Papers Committee selects the overall best paper for the award. The winner was announced at the ISC High Performance Research Paper Award Session and has been given the opportunity to present a keynote talk on their work. The winner of the Hans Meuer Award also received a cash prize of 3,000 Euros and an award certificate.
The paper selected as the winner of the Hans Meuer Award at ISC 2022 is:
Remote OpenMP Offloading authored by Johannes Doerfert (Argonne National Lab, USA) and Atmn Patel (Argonne National Lab, USA/University of Waterloo, Canada).
Ana Lucia Varbanescu and Johannes Doerfert
Research Poster Awards
The ISC Research Poster Award will be given to one outstanding research poster submitted to the conference.
The ISC Research Poster Award winner received a cash prize of € 500 and a certificate. The ISC Research Poster Award is sponsored by the conference organizers.
The following Research Poster was selected to receive the Research Poster Award at ISC 2022 Digital:
OMB-Py: Python Micro-Benchmarks for Evaluating Performance of MPI Libraries and Machine Learning Applications on HPC Systems authored by Nawras Alnaasan, Arpan Jain, Aamir Shafi, Hari Subramoni, Dhabaleswar K. Panda (The Ohio State University, USA)
WE CONGRATULATE ALL AWARD RECIPIENTS!
ISC 2022 Committees
The ISC 2022 steering committee provides guidance on the conference program and help enhance publicity, acceptance and growth of ISC in industry, research and academia.
- Hartwig Anzt, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany (Workshops Chair)
- Marc Baboulin, Université Paris-Saclay, France (Proceedings Deputy Chair)
- Frank Baetke, European Open File Systems Association (EOFS), Germany (ISC Fellow)
- Florian Berberich, PRACE
- Keren Bergman, Columbia University, USA (Program Chair)
- Abhinav Bhatele, University of Maryland, USA (Research Papers Deputy Chair)
- Amanda Bienz, University of New Mexico, USA (Workshops Deputy Chair)
- Are Magnus Bruaset, Simula, Norway (Project Posters Deputy Chair)
- Suren Byna, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, USA (Tutorials Deputy Chair)
- Laura Carrington, EP Analytics, USA (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair Parallel Programming & Performance Modelling)
- Aparna Chandramowlishwaran, University of California, Irvine, USA (Research Posters Chair)
- Jack Dongarra, University of Tennessee & ORNL, USA (ISC Fellow)
- Tom Gibbs, NVIDIA, USA (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair Machine Learning)
- Laura Grigori, INRIA, France (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair Applications & Algorithms)
- James Lin, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China (HPC in Asia Deputy Chair)
- Yutong Lu, NSCC in Guangzhou, China (ISC Fellow)
- Thomas Ludwig, University of Hamburg, Germany (ISC Fellow)
- Piotr Luszczek, University of Tennessee, USA (Proceedings Chair)
- Satoshi Matsuoka, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (ISC Fellow)
- Maryam Mehri Dehnavi, University of Toronto, Canada (Research Posters Deputy Chair)
- Iosif Meyerov, Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novogorod, Russia (BoFs Deputy Chair)
- Kristel Michielsen, Juelich Supercomputing Centre, Germany (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair Quantum Computing)
- Kathryn Mohror, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA (Tutorials Chair)
- Wolfgang Nagel, TU Dresden, Germany (ISC Fellow)
- Christian Perez, Inria, France (Project Posters Chair)
- Kento Sato, RIKEN, Japan (HPC in Asia Chair)
- Mitsuhisa Sato, University of Tsukuba / RIKEN, Japan (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair System Architecture)
- Stephan Schenk, BASF, Germany (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair HPC & ML in Industry)
- Laura Schulz, Leibnitz Supercomputing Centre (Inclusivity Chair)
- John Shalf, LBNL/NERSC, USA (Deputy Program Chair)
- Horst Simon, LBNL, USA (ISC Fellow)
- Thomas Sterling, Indiana University, USA (ISC Fellow)
- Erich Strohmaier, LBNL, USA (ISC Fellow)
- Carsten Trinitis, TU Munich, Germany (Publicity Chair)
- Ana Lucia Varbanescu, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Research Papers Chair)
- Roman Wyrzykowski, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland (BoFs Chair)
- Keren Bergman, Columbia University, USA (Program Chair)
- Laura Carrington, EP Analytics, United States (Track Chair #3 Parallel Programming & Performance Modelling)
- Tom Gibbs, NVIDIA, USA (Track Chair #4 Machine Learning)
- Laura Grigori, INRIA, France (Track Chair #2 Applications & Algorithms)
- Kristel Michielsen, Juelich Supercomputing Centre, Germany (Track Chair #5 Quantum Computing)
- Mitsuhisa Sato, University of Tsukuba / RIKEN, Japan (Track Chair #1 System Architecture)
- Stephan Schenk, BASF (Track Chair #6 HPC & ML in Industry)
- John Shalf, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), USA (Program Deputy Chair)