ISC 2020 CALL FOR PROJECT POSTER
The project poster session is an excellent opportunity to present information about your research ideas and projects at ISC 2020. With more than 3,500 participants, ISC has established itself as the HPC event in Europe to disseminate ongoing and future research work, as well as foster discussion within the community, and engage in international cooperation.
Submitted Project Poster proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2020 Project Poster Committee, which is headed by Dr. Philipp Neumann, Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ)/Universität Hamburg, Germany, with Erwan Raffin, Atos, as Deputy Chair.
We introduced the project poster session as a new track in 2017 to give scientists a platform for information exchange and due to its success continue this session. For attendees the project posters are an opportunity to gain an overview of new developments, HPC research and engineering activities. In contrast to the dissemination of research results in the research poster session, project posters enable participants to present ongoing and emerging projects by presenting fundamental ideas, methodology and preliminary work. Researchers with upcoming and recently funded projects are encouraged to submit a poster of their work. Those with novel project ideas are invited to present as well.
Submissions will be accepted through Wednesday, February 12, 2020.
| Submission Deadline
||February 12, 2020, 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||April 1, 2020|
| Project Posters on Display
|June 23 – June 24, 2020|
| Informally Poster Presentation
||Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon during coffee breaks|
|Project Posters Chair||Philipp Neumann, Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ)/Universität Hamburg|
|Project Posters Deputy Chair||Erwan Raffin, Atos|
Project posters are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
- Poster title
- Poster author information
- Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Draft of the poster as PDF file, 1 page maximum (the final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”)). As a guideline for the content, the following information is considered to be relevant:
- Runtime of the project
- Participating partners
- Pursued approach and methodology
- Current status of the project
- Excerpt of intermediate/Preliminary results
- Roadmap, in particular the next steps
- Light-weight review to give many people the chance to present ideas and projects
- Criteria: quality of the presentation and relevance for attendees (see guidelines above)
- Committee feedback to improve submissions
- Supported by shepherding to ensure high-quality posters
Final decision (April 1, 2020)
- Selection of Project Posters
- Notification of authors
- By submitting a project poster proposal, you agree to present the poster at ISC High Performance 2020 in Frankfurt, Germany. You also agree that ISC may publish your poster in the online conference program and the ISC 2020 conference proceedings.
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2020 participants, and only posters of registered presenters will be admitted.
- There will be project poster presentations on Tuesday, June 23, and Wednesday, June 24, during the afternoon coffee breaks. Please ensure that at least one presenter from your team is available to present your project.
- Poster presenters are responsible for creating, printing and transporting their posters to the conference. The final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”). The ISC organizers will provide poster boards, numbers, topic areas, tape etc. for the poster session.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
- Attendance will require an Exhibition Pass.
In addition to publishing PDFs of the project posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will also include them in the ISC 2020 proceedings, which will be made available to attendees a week after the event. ISC 2020 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.