ISC 2021 Call for Research Papers
Call for Research Papers is closed!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to global health trends, ISC 2021 will be an online-only event; the information below has been updated to reflect this.
The ISC research paper sessions provide world-class opportunities for engineers and scientists in academia, industry, and government to present and discuss issues, trends, and results that will shape the future of High Performance Computing (HPC), Networking, Storage, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics.
Submitted research papers will be reviewed by the ISC 2021 Research Papers Committee, which is headed by Dr. Bradford Chamberlain, HPE, USA, with Dr. Ana Lucia Varbanescu, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, as Deputy Chair.
The ISC organizers will again sponsor the Hans Meuer Award, which recognizes the most outstanding research paper as selected by members of the papers committee. The Hans Meuer Award includes a cash prize of 3,000 Euros for the paper’s authors.
|Abstract Submission Deadline||closed|
|Paper Submission Deadline||closed|
|Author Rebuttals||February 10–17, 2021|
|Notification of Acceptance||March 2, 2021|
|Camera-Ready Submission||April 25, 2021|
|Research Paper Sessions||June 24 - July 1, 2021|
|Final Presentation Material due||May 27, 2021|
Attendance requires a Full Conference Pass.
*ISC will grant a complimentary one-day Full Conference Pass to one author per accepted paper for the day of its presentation.
|Research Papers Chair||Dr. Bradford Chamberlain, HPE, USA|
|Research Papers Deputy Chair||Dr. Ana Lucia Varbanescu, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|Proceedings Chair||Dr. Hatem Ltaief, KAUST, Saudi Arabia|
|Proceedings Deputy Chair||Piotr Luszczek, University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA|
The Research Papers Committee encourages the submission of high-quality papers reporting original work in theoretical, experimental, and industrial research & development. The ISC submission process will be divided into five tracks this year, as follows:
|Architecture, Networks, & Storage||HPC Algorithms & Applications|
|Programming Environments & Systems Software||Machine Learning, AI, & Emerging Technologies|
|Performance Modeling, Evaluation, & Analysis|
Note: Submissions on other innovative aspects of high-performance computing are also welcome. You will be asked to pick a primary and a secondary track from the five above for your submission.
Submissions will take place in two phases:
(1) submission of the paper’s title, authors, and abstract for planning purposes;
(2) submission of the paper itself.
Paper submissions are required to be formatted using LNCS style (see Springer’s website):
- Single-column format
- Maximum 18 pages (including figures and references)
- Use Springer’s LaTeX document class or Word template (see Springer’s Proceedings Guidelines)
- Papers must be suitable for double-blind review (see ISC High Performance Double-Blind Review Guidelines)
- The PC reserves the right to reject incorrectly formatted papers
- Papers cannot have been previously published or simultaneously under review
- Each paper is expected to receive a minimum of 4 reviews
- Double-blind peer-review will be used
- Papers will be evaluated based on novelty, fundamental insights, clarity of presentation, and potential for long-term impact
Rebuttal phase (Feb 10–17, 2021):
- Initial reviewer comments will be made available to authors
- Authors can respond to clarify misunderstandings and answer questions
- Rebuttals will be submitted in written format and will have a tight deadline
- Authors will receive additional instructions via email
Final decision (Mar 2, 2021):
- All reviews and rebuttals will be considered by the paper’s track committee
- Live reviewer discussions will occur during the research paper committee meeting
- A consensus-driven approach will be used to select the strongest papers
- Notification of the papers’ outcomes will be sent to authors after the PC meeting
Submission deadlines: abstracts Dec 10, 2020; papers Dec 21, 2020 (closed)
- ISC 2021 will be a digital event taking place from June 24 until July 2.
- Paper presenters need to be registered ISC 2021 participants, though one author will be granted a complimentary Full Conference Pass for the day of their presentation.
- Registration fees for other days or authors, and other such expenses will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
All accepted research papers will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. There are no fees related to the publication of accepted papers by Springer. The papers will also be available to download from Springer’s website for a limited time after ISC 2021 (June 24 - July 24, 2021).
Authors may also opt to publish open access versions of their papers through Springer if desired—please refer to Springer’s website for further information and pricing.
Paper submissions are required to be no more than 18 pages in LNCS style. For the camera-ready version, authors are automatically granted one extra page to incorporate reviewer comments.
Volumes published as part of the LNCS series are made available to the following indexing services:
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI), part of Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science
- EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases)
- ACM Digital Library
- Google Scholar
- Zentralblatt MATH
PRESENTATION MATERIAL FOR ATTENDEES
The ISC organizers will make the conference materials (videos/slides) available for attendees.