ISC 2018 Call for Research Posters
Please note that the call for research posters is now closed!
The ISC research poster session is an excellent opportunity to present your latest research results, projects and innovations to a global audience including your HPC peers.
Poster authors will give short presentations on their posters on Tuesday, June 26, and will also have the opportunity to informally present them to the attendees during lunch and coffee breaks. The accepted research posters will be displayed from Tuesday, June 26 through Wednesday, June 27, 2018.
The ISC organizers will sponsor the call for research posters with awards for outstanding research posters: the ISC Research Poster Awards.
Attendance will require a Conference Pass.
Chair - Dr. Matthias Müller
| Notification of Acceptance
||Friday, April 6, 2018|
|Final Poster PDFs due||Monday, June 11, 2018|
| Research Posters Presentations & Reception
||Tuesday, June 26, 2018
|Research Posters on Display||Tuesday, June 26 – Wednesday, June 27, 2018|
Areas of Interest
Research posters are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Submission & Review Process
Research poster proposals need to be submitted via the ISC 2018 submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/ by Friday, March 16, 2018. The following information needs to be provided in the online submission form:
- Poster title
- Poster author information
- Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- One to five keywords
- Draft of the poster as PDF file, 1 page maximum (the final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”)
The Research Posters Committee will review and evaluate all submitted posters based on their originality, significance, quality and clarity. Each poster will be reviewed by at least three reviewers and should be submitted in a form suitable for anonymous review. The Research Posters Committee will select the posters for presentation at ISC 2018.
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting a poster proposal, you agree to present the poster at ISC High Performance 2018 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2018 participants, and only posters of registered presenters will be admitted. The ISC organizers will grant a 100% discount on the conference day pass to one presenter per poster for the day of their presentation.
- Poster presenters are responsible for creating, printing and transporting their posters to the conference. The final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”).
- The ISC organizers will provide poster boards, numbers, topic areas, tape etc. for the poster session.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
Presentation Slides for Attendees
In addition to publishing PDFs of the posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will make the posters/presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2018 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link. Research Poster presenters are kindly requested to provide a PDF version of their final posters/presentation slides to Ms. Iris Stöhr at prog by Friday, June 29, 2018 at the latest. firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Journal “Supercomputing Frontiers and Innovations” announces the third issue of 2018 (#3/2018) as a special issue devoted to the best research posters presented at ISC High Performance 2018. The authors of the best posters will be invited to submit papers to JSFI as full papers or short communications (see details at http://superfri.org).
From all research posters submitted, the Research Posters Committee selects the ones for presentation at ISC.
- Matthias S. Mueller, RWTH Aachen University, Germany (Research Posters Chair)
- Sunita Chandrasekaran, University of Delaware, USA (Research Posters Deputy Chair)
- James H. Cownie, Intel, UK
- Saber Feki, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
- Andy Herdman, AWE, UK
- Guido Juckeland, HZDR, Germany
- Andreas Knuepfer, Technical University Dresden, Germany
- Julian Kunkel, Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum, Germany
- John Leidel, Tech University, USA
- Naoya Maruyama, LLNL, USA
- Simon McIntosh-Smith, University of Bristol, UK
- Hitoshi Murai, Riken, Japan
- Sameer Shende, University of Oregon, USA
- Dirk Schmidl, Atos, Germany
- Emmanuelle Saillard, INRIA, France
- Richard Vuduc, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Felix Wolf, Technical University Darmstadt, Germany