ISC 2020 Call for Research Posters
The ISC research poster session is an excellent opportunity to present your latest research results, projects and innovations to a global audience including your HPC peers.
Submitted research poster proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2020 Research Posters Committee, which is headed by Ryusuke Egawa, Tohoku University, Japan, with Keita Teranishi, Sandia National Laboratories, USA, as Deputy Chair.
Since last year, we have merged the HPC-in-Asia posters with our regular research posters activity. Please find more information below.
The ISC organizers will sponsor the call for research posters with eight awards for outstanding research posters: the ISC Research Poster Awards.
Submissions will be accepted through Wednesday, March 4, 2020.
Attendance will require a Conference Pass. ISC will grant a 100% discount on the conference day pass to one presenter per poster.
Please find the ISC 2019 registration fees here. ISC 2020 registration fees will be published in January 2020.
|Submission Deadline||March 4, 2020, 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||April 1, 2020|
| Final Presentation Slides due
||June 8, 2020|
| Research Posters Short Presentations & Reception
||June 23, 2020|
|Research Posters on Display *||June 22 – June 24, 2020|
|Research Posters Chair||Ryusuke Egawa, Tohoku University|
| Research Posters Deputy Chair
||Keita Teranishi, Sandia National Laboratories|
Research posters are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers.
Note: Submissions on other innovative aspects of high performance computing are also welcome.
Since last year, we have merged the HPC-in-Asia posters with our regular research posters activity. Researchers in Asia (who are from Asia, and/or working for institutes in Asia) are strongly encouraged to submit their poster proposals for ISC 2020 to the call for research posters here. We will prepare a “button for HPC-in-Asia Option” in the submission site for the Researchers in Asia. Reviews are based on the criteria of the Research Posters. If your proposal is accepted for the Research Posters with the Option of HPC-in-Asia, you can present your posters in both of the Research Poster Session (June 23, 2020) and the HPC-in-Asia Poster Session (June 24, 2020).
The ISC Research Poster Awards as well as the HPC in Asia Poster Award are sponsored by the conference organizers.
RESEARCH POSTER AWARDS
The ISC 2020 Research Posters Committee will evaluate the short presentations and research posters on-site and select one winner* in each of the eight main submission categories as listed in the call for research papers:
1) Architectures, Networks & Infrastructure
2) Data, Storage & Visualization
3) HPC Applications
4) HPC Algorithms
5) Programming Models & Systems Software
6) Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
7) Performance Modeling & Measurement
8) Emerging Technologies
*NOTE: The eight ISC Research Poster Award winners will receive a cash prize of 250 Euro and a certificate each.
HPC IN ASIA POSTER AWARD
The ISC 2020 HPC in Asia Posters Committee will evaluate the short presentations and HPC in Asia posters on-site and select one winner.
The HPC in Asia Poster Award winner will receive a cash prize of 250 Euro and a certificate.
Poster author information
Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
One to five keywords
- Draft of the poster as PDF file, 1 page maximum (the final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”)
Suitable for anonymous review (write your submission so as not to disclose your identity or
the identities of your co-authors, do not use your name or your co-authors’ names, affiliations, logos, funding sources, or acknowledgments in the heading or body of the document, see ISC High Performance Double-Blind Review Guidelines)
- Minimum 3 reviewers
- Double-blind review (see ISC High Performance Double-Blind Review Guidelines)
- Criteria: originality, significance, quality and clarity
- Selection of Research Posters
- Notification of authors
- By submitting a poster proposal, you agree to present the poster at ISC High Performance 2020 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2020 participants. Only posters of registered presenters will be admitted. The ISC organizers will grant a 100% discount on the conference day pass to one presenter per poster for the day of their presentation.
- Poster presenters are responsible for creating, printing and transporting their posters to the conference. The final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”).
- The ISC organizers will provide poster boards, numbers, topic areas, tape etc. for the poster session.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
The International Journal “Supercomputing Frontiers and Innovations” announces the third issue of 2020 (#3/2020) as a special issue devoted to the best research posters presented at ISC High Performance 2020. The authors of the best posters will be invited to submit papers to JSFI as full papers or short communications (see details at http://superfri.org).
PRESENTATION SLIDES FOR ATTENDEES
In addition to publishing PDFs of the posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will make the posters/presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2020 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.