The 2018 Student Cluster Competition
Now in its seventh year, the ISC-HPCAC Student Cluster Competition enables international STEM teams to take part in a real-time contest focused on advancing STEM disciplines and HPC skills development at ISC 2018 from June 25-27. To take home top honors, twelve teams will have the opportunity to showcase systems of their own design, adhering to strict power constraints and achieve the highest performance across a series of standard HPC benchmarks and applications.
ISC High Performance and the HPC Advisory Council recently announced the names of ten teams that have qualified to enter the ISC 2018 competition. Two Chinese teams will be announced by the end of spring next year, bringing the total number of competing teams to 12.
Here is the current list of teams:
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Centre for High Performance Computing (CHPC), South Africa
- EPCC at The University of Edinburgh, UK
- Universitat Politicnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Universität Hamburg, Germany
- Heidelberg University, Germany
- Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Federal University of Paraná (UFPR), Brasil
- University of Warsaw, Poland
Showcased at the conference's closing plenary session, the intense three-day competition will culminate in front of thousands of conference attendees. Students will take center stage, alongside HPC luminaries, for a live ceremony to award and recognize each of the participating teams.
For more information, sponsorship and general questions please email s. firstname.lastname@example.org