STUDENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
PLEASE NOTE: The submission process for the SV Program is closed!
If you are a student pursuing a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree in computer science or another STEM-related field and have an interest in high performance computing (HPC), volunteering at ISC 2023 will help steer your career in the direction you want to go.
We are looking for dedicated and reliable young people to help us run our conference, which will be attended by over 3,000 HPC practitioners, users and vendors. In return, you will have the opportunity to attend tutorials, conference sessions, workshops, the exhibition and selected evening events.
This will not only give you the opportunity to meet leading HPC researchers and scientists, but also the chance to interact with like-minded people from other educational institutions and international businesses. This program has helped past volunteers to secure internships, PhD admissions and also jobs.
As usual, ISC 2023 will be held in a very comfortable and safe environment; we also provide accommodation for out-of-town volunteers.
As a conference that’s committed to inclusivity efforts, we encourage minority STEM students to use this forum as a springboard. It’s your chance to gain insight into HPC in academia, research, and in the commercial environment.
Opening of the Call
|December 1, 2022|
|February 12, 2023 - CLOSED|
|Notification of Acceptance||February 23, 2023|
By becoming a student volunteer at ISC 2023, you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the tutorials, conference sessions and workshops, depending on your daily work schedule
- Access to the show floor and the opportunity to talk to all exhibitors
- Admission to evening events
- Housing (out-of-town volunteers only) in single rooms
- Meals during conference hours
- Conference proceedings
- The intangible value of networking with renowned HPC experts, commercial users, influencers and future employers.
© Sandra Macià Sorrosal and Wayde Veldman
- Volunteers must be enrolled in a PhD, masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Volunteers must be able to speak English fluently.
- Volunteers must be willing to work* a minimum of around 25 hours before and during the conference (must be available from May 19 to May 26, 2023).
- Volunteers are solely responsible for their travel expenses. In some cases your school may be able to provide assistance.
*NOTE: Duties before and during the conference may include tasks such as assisting attendee check-in, doorkeeper at conference sessions, running microphones to audience members during sessions, providing technical support to the ISCnet team or the event technicians, monitoring catering areas, counting participants at sessions, and other similar tasks.