Birds of a Feather Submission
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for ISC BoFs is closed.
Like-minded ISC attendees come together in the Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions to discuss current HPC topics, network and share their thoughts and ideas. Each 60-minute BoF addresses a different topic and is led by one or more individuals with expertise in the area.
BoFs are informal compared to panels, technical paper sessions, tutorials, vendor talks, and other more presentation-oriented parts of the ISC program. They provide a platform for a dynamic conversation with peers, experts, leaders, and anybody from the HPC community sharing common interests.
Proposals should demonstrate a clear concept for the interactive nature of their BoF.
| Submission Deadline
| Notification of Acceptance
||February 28, 2023|
|Submission of Final List of Speakers Deadline||April 21, 2023|
|Submission of Final Presentation Slides Deadline||May 18, 2023 11:59pm AoE|
|BoF Sessions||May 22 – May 24, 2023|
| BoF Chair
||Marta Garcia Gasulla, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain|
|BoF Deputy Chair||Brian Wylie, Juelich Supercomputing Center / University of Bonn|
BoF presenters will require at least an exhibition pass. ISC 2023 registration fees will be published in early 2023.
Submitted BoF proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2023 BoF Committee, which is headed by Marta Garcia Gasulla, Barcelona Supercompting Center, Spain, as Chair.
AREAS OF INTEREST
BoFs are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the Call for Research Paper.
Submission & Review Process
- Title of the BoF session
- BoF organizer/speaker information
- Short abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the Call for Research Paper)
- One to five keywords
- Maximum intended fraction of time spent for presentations
- Description of approach to make the BoF interactive
- Targeted audience
- Estimated number of attendees
- Each proposal is expected to receive a minimum of 3 reviewers.
- BoFs will be evaluated based on originality, significance, quality, clarity and diversity and a clear description of the required interactive nature of a BoF.
Final Decision (February 28, 2023)
- Selection of BoFs
- Allocation of the time slot
- Notifications of authors
Terms & Conditions
- ISC 2023 is planned as an in-person conference from May 21 to May 25, 2023, in Hamburg, Germany. By submitting a BoF proposal, the submitter agrees to host the BoF session at ISC 2023 on-site in Hamburg.
- BoF presenters need to be registered ISC 2023 participants. They will require at least an exhibition pass.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the BoF sessions.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
The ISC organizers will make the presentation materials (slides) available within the event platform for registered attendees only.
Contact the BoF Committee, if you have any questions.