Birds of a Feather Submission
Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions offer an informal platform for dynamic discussions among peers, experts, leaders, and anyone from the HPC community with shared interests. Each 60-minute BoF session addresses current HPC topics and is guided by one or more experts in their field.
Brian Wylie, Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH, Germany
BoF Deputy Chair
David Boehme, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
Unlike panels, technical paper sessions, and other, BoFs foster engaging conversations rather than formal presentations.
Proposals should demonstrate a clear concept for the interactive nature of the BoF.
Submitted BoF proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2024 BoF Committee.
| Submission Deadline
||Wednesday, January 10, 2024 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||Wednesday, February 14, 2024|
|Submission of Final List of Speakers Deadline||Friday, April 19, 2024|
|Submission of Final Presentation Slides Deadline||Saturday, May 18, 2024 11:59 pm AoE|
|BoF Sessions||Monday, May 13 – Wednesday, May 15, 2024|
BoF presenters will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
Registration fees will be published in early 2024.
BoF sessions are intended to cover all topic areas as follows.
System Architecture & Hardware Components
- Beyond Moore's Law
- Composable Disaggregated Infrastructure
- Data Center Infrastructure and Cooling
- Emerging Computing Technologies
- Extreme-scale Systems
- Heterogeneous System Architectures
- Interconnects and Networks
- Memory Technologies and Hierarchies
- Storage Technologies and Architectures
- Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
Programming Environments & System Software
- Compiler and Tools for Parallel Programming
- Domain-specific Languages and Code Generation
- Energy Management
- HPC in the Cloud and HPC Containers
- Parallel File Systems
- Parallel Programming Languages
- Resource Management and Scheduling
- Robustness and Resilience
- Runtime Systems for HPC
- Scalable Application Frameworks
- System and Performance Monitoring
Algorithms, Methods & Tuning
- Extreme-scale Algorithms
- Mixed Precision
- Novel Algorithms
- Numerical Libraries
- Optimizing for Energy and Performance
- Performance and Resource Modeling
- Performance Measurement
- Performance Tools and Simulators
Applications & Use Cases
- Application Workflows for Discovery
- Bioinformatics and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Materials Science
- Computational Physics
- Earth, Climate and Weather Modeling
- Industrial Use Cases of HPC, ML and QC
- Visualization and Virtual Reality
Machine Learning & AI
- AI Applications powered by HPC Technologies
- Digital Twins and ML
- High-Performance Data Analytics
- HPC Simulations enhanced by Machine Learning
- HPC System Design for Scalable Machine Learning
- Large Language Models and Generative AI in HPC
- ML Systems and Tools
- Integration of Quantum Computing and HPC
- Quantum Computing - Basics and Theory
- Quantum Computing - Technologies and Architectures
- Quantum Computing - Use Cases
- Quantum Program Development and Optimization
- Quantum-inspired Algorithms and Technologies
Community & HPC
- Community Engagement
- Development of HPC Skills
- Education and Training
- Promotion of Young Talents
- Title of the BoF session
- BoF organizer/speaker information
- Short abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area
- One to five keywords
- Maximum intended fraction of time spent for presentations
- Description of approach to make the BoF interactive
- Targeted audience
- Estimated number of attendees
- Each proposal is expected to receive a minimum of 3 reviewers.
- BoFs will be evaluated based on originality, significance, quality, clarity and diversity and a clear description of the required interactive nature of a BoF.
- Not all highly rated proposals may be accepted due to program capacity and need for variety.
Final decision (February 14, 2024)
- Selection of BoFs
- Allocation of the time slot
- Notifications of authors
- ISC 2024 is planned as an in-person conference from May 12 to May 16, 2024, in Hamburg, Germany. By submitting a BoF proposal, the submitter agrees to host the BoF session at ISC 2024 on-site in Hamburg.
- BoF presenters need to be registered ISC 2024 participants. They will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the BoF sessions.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
The ISC organizers will make the presentation materials (slides) available within the event platform for registered attendees only.