Project Poster Submission
The ISC project poster session is a great chance to showcase your research ideas and projects. ISC stands out as the leading HPC event in Europe, promoting the exchange of ongoing and future research work, facilitating discussions within the community, and fostering international cooperation.
We initiated the project poster session to provide researchers with a platform for exchanging information. Attendees can use the project posters to gain an overview of new developments, HPC research, and engineering activities.
Project Poster Chair
Antonino Tumeo, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
Project Poster Deputy Chair
José Moreira, IBM, USA
In contrast to the research poster session, where research results are disseminated, the project poster session allows presenters to share ongoing and emerging projects by showcasing fundamental ideas, methodology, and preliminary work.
We encourage researchers with upcoming and recently funded projects to submit a poster of their work and those with novel project ideas to present as well.
Submitted project poster proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2024 Project Poster Committee.
|Submission Deadline||Friday, January 12, 2024 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||Thursday, February 15, 202
| Final Poster due
||Monday, April 22, 2024 11:59 pm AoE|
|Poster Reception||Tuesday, May 14, 2024, 3:30-5:30 pm|
|Project Poster on Display||Monday, May 13 - Wednesday, May 15, 2024|
Project Poster Presenters will require at least an Exhibition Pass.
ISC 2024 registration fees will be published in early 2024.
Project posters are intended to cover all topic areas as follows:
System Architecture & Hardware Components
- Beyond Moore's Law
- Composable Disaggregated Infrastructure
- Data Center Infrastructure and Cooling
- Emerging Computing Technologies
- Extreme-scale Systems
- Heterogeneous System Architectures
- Interconnects and Networks
- Memory Technologies and Hierarchies
- Storage Technologies and Architectures
- Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
Programming Environments & System Software
- Compiler and Tools for Parallel Programming
- Domain-specific Languages and Code Generation
- Energy Management
- HPC in the Cloud and HPC Containers
- Parallel File Systems
- Parallel Programming Languages
- Resource Management and Scheduling
- Robustness and Resilience
- Runtime Systems for HPC
- Scalable Application Frameworks
- System and Performance Monitoring
Algorithms, Methods & Tuning
- Extreme-scale Algorithms
- Mixed Precision
- Novel Algorithms
- Numerical Libraries
- Optimizing for Energy and Performance
- Performance and Resource Modeling
- Performance Measurement
- Performance Tools and Simulators
Applications & Use Cases
- Application Workflows for Discovery
- Bioinformatics and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Materials Science
- Computational Physics
- Earth, Climate and Weather Modeling
- Industrial Use Cases of HPC, ML and QC
- Visualization and Virtual Reality
Machine Learning & AI
- AI Applications powered by HPC Technologies
- Digital Twins and ML
- High-Performance Data Analytics
- HPC Simulations enhanced by Machine Learning
- HPC System Design for Scalable Machine Learning
- Large Language Models and Generative AI in HPC
- ML Systems and Tools
- Integration of Quantum Computing and HPC
- Quantum Computing - Basics and Theory
- Quantum Computing - Technologies and Architectures
- Quantum Computing - Use Cases
- Quantum Program Development and Optimization
- Quantum-inspired Algorithms and Technologies
- Poster title
- Poster author information
- Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area:
- System Architecture & Hardware Components
- Programming Environments & System Software
- Algorithms, Methods & Tuning
- Applications & Use Cases
- Machine Learning & AI
- Quantum Computing
- Draft of the poster as PDF file.
- The poster does not need to be in its final version. You may make changes to your poster after acceptance, but your submission must be a representative draft of the final poster.
- 1 page maximum
- Posters must be submitted as A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) with a high resolution to ensure readability (e.g.: 2384 px × 3370 px at 72 dpi)
- maximum file size: 10 MB
- Runtime of the project
- Participating partners
- Funding source
- As a guideline for the content, the following information is required:
- List of partners
- Pursued approach and methodology
- Current status of the project
- Excerpt of intermediate/preliminary results
- Roadmap, in particular the next steps
- Light-weight review to give many people the chance to present ideas and projects
- Criteria: required information filled, quality of the presentation and relevance for attendees (see guidelines above)
- Committee feedback to improve submissions
- Supported by shepherding to ensure high-quality posters
Final Decision (February 15, 2024)
- Selection of Project Poster
- Notification of authors
- ISC 2024 is planned as an in-person conference from May 12 to May 16, 2024 in Hamburg, Germany. By submitting a project poster, the submitter agrees that one of the authors will present it at ISC 2024 in Hamburg, Germany. In case circumstances that the submitter/speaker cannot control prevent them from attending the event, the submitter/speaker should contact ISC organizers and the project poster chair as soon as possible to discuss different options.
- The project posters will be on display from Monday, May 13 through Wednesday, May 15, 2024.
- The ISC poster reception will give special attention to the Project Posters and allows a maximum of interaction between poster authors and participants. Poster authors are obliged to be present at their poster during the entire reception.
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2024 participants. Registration fees will be published in early 2024.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees for other authors, and other such expenses will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
PDFs of the posters will be available within the event platform for registered attendees only.