Research Poster Submission
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for Research Poster is closed
The ISC research poster session is an excellent opportunity to present your latest research results, projects and innovations to a global audience including your HPC peers.
Information for speakers: Please look at our Speaker Manual, which provides guidance and information in preparing and delivering your upcoming presentation at ISC 2023.
| Notification of Acceptance
||March 10, 2023
March 2, 2023
| Final Poster due
||May 1, 2023|
|Poster-Pitch||May 23, 2023, 2:30 - 3:30pm|
|Poster Reception||May 23, 2023, 3:30 - 5:30pm|
|Research Poster on Display||May 22 – 24, 2023|
|Research Poster Chair||Estela Suarez, Juelich Supercomputing Center / University
|Research Poster Deputy Chair||Rio Yokota, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan|
ISC will grant a complimentary conference pass to one author per accepted poster.
Registration fees will be published in early 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for Research Poster is closed
Submitted research poster proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2023 Research Poster Committee, which is headed by Estela Suarez, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, as Chair.
Areas of Interest
Research poster are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research paper.
Note: Submissions on other innovative aspects of high performance computing are also welcome.
Submission & Review Process
- Poster title
- Poster author information
- Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the call for research papers)
- Draft of the poster as PDF file
- 1 page maximum
- Poster must be submitted as A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”) with a high resolution to ensure readability (e.g.: 2384 px × 3370 px at 72 dpi)
- maximum file size: 10 MB
- Each poster is expected to receive a minimum of 3 reviewers
- Poster reviews are single-blind: reviewers will see author names, but authors will not see reviewer names
- Posters will be evaluated based on originality, significance, quality and clarity
- All reviews will be considered by the poster committee
- Notification of the posters’ outcomes will be sent to authors
Terms & Conditions
- ISC 2023 is planned as an in-person conference from May 21 to May 25, 2023 in Hamburg, Germany. By submitting a Research Poster the submitter agrees to present it at ISC 2023 in Hamburg, Germany. In case circumstances that the submitter/speaker cannot control prevent them from attending the event, the submitter/speaker should contact ISC organizers and the research poster chair as soon as possible to discuss different options.
- The research poster will be on display from Monday, May 22 through Wednesday, May 24, 2023. Every accepted research poster will have a very short lightning talk within a poster pitch to capture the audience’s interest. The poster reception afterwards will give special attention to the posters and allows a maximum of interaction between poster authors and participants. Poster authors are obliged to be present at their poster during the entire reception.
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2023 participants, though one author will be granted a complimentary pass. Registrations fees will be published in early 2023.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees for other authors, and other such expenses will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
Springer, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine, will sponsor the call for research poster with the research poster award which recognizes three outstanding research poster as selected by members of the poster committee. The Research Poster Award includes a cash prize of 500 Euros (first place), 300 Euros (second place) and 200 Euros (third place).
PDFs of the posters will be published within the event platform for registered attendees only.
From all research posters submitted, the Research Posters Committee selects the ones for presentation at ISC.
- Estela Suarez, Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany (Chair)
- Rio Yokota, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (Deputy Chair)
- Vicenç Beltran Querol, BSC, Spain
- Florina Ciorba, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Alexandru Costan, IRISA, INSA Rennes, France
- Philippe Deniel, Commissariat Energie Atomique C.E.A, France
- Maria Girone, CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland
- Hans-Christian Hoppe, Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Germany
- Tanzima Islam, Texas State University, United States of America
- Niclas Jansson, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Niels Kuechler, Forschungszentrum Jülich GmBH, Germany
- Zhiling Lan, Illinois Institute of Technology, United States of America
- Preeti Malakar, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- Filippo Mantovani, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- Michael Ott, Leibniz Supercomputing Centre, Germany
- Erika Pellegrino, Leonardo S.p.A., Italy
- Ryuichi Sakamoto, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Kento Sato, RIKEN, Japan
- Thomas Steinke, Zuse Institute Berlin, Germany
Contact the Research Poster Committee, if you have any questions.