Research Poster Submission
The ISC research poster session provides a global platform to showcase your latest research results, projects, and innovations to HPC peers.
Research Poster Chair
Rio Yokota, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
Research Poster Deputy Chair
Sadaf Alam, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
The Research Poster Awards recognize three outstanding posters and include a cash prize of 500 Euros (first place), 300 Euros (second place) and 200 Euros (third place).
Submitted research poster proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2024 Research Posters Committee.
|Submission Deadline||Friday, January 12, 2024 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||Thursday, February 15, 2024|
| Final Poster due
||Monday, April 22, 2024 11:59 pm AoE|
|Poster-Pitch||Tuesday, May 14 2024, 2:30-3:30 pm|
|Poster Reception||Tuesday, May 14, 2024, 3:30-5:30 pm|
|Research Poster on Display||Monday, May 13 - Wednesday, May 15, 2024|
ISC will grant a complimentary conference pass to one author per accepted poster.
Registration fees will be published in early 2024.
Research posters are intended to cover all topics as listed below. The ISC submission process will be divided into six topic areas. Submitters must indicate a first and a second topic in the submission process.
System Architecture & Hardware Components
- Emerging Computing Technologies
- Memory Technologies and Hierarchies
- Storage Technologies and Architectures
- Interconnects and Networks
- Heterogeneous System Architectures
- Composable Disaggregated Infrastructure
- Extreme-scale Systems
- Beyond Moore's Law
- Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
- Data Center Infrastructure and Cooling
Programming Environments & System Software
- Parallel Programming Languages
- Compiler and Tools for Parallel Programming
- Scalable Application Frameworks
- Resource Management and Scheduling
- Parallel file systems
- HPC in the cloud and HPC containers
- Runtime systems for HPC
- Robustness and Resilience
- Energy Management
- Domain-specific languages and code generation
- System and Performance Monitoring
Algorithms, Methods & Tuning
- Performance and Resource Modeling
- Novel algorithms
- Numerical Libraries
- Mixed Precision
- Optimizing for Energy and Performance
- Performance Measurement
- Extreme-scale algorithms
- Performance Tools and Simulators
Applications & Use Cases
- Earth, Climate and Weather Modeling
- Bioinformatics and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Materials Science
- Application Workflows for Discovery
- Industrial Use Cases of HPC, ML and QC
- Visualization and Virtual Reality
- Computational Physics
Machine Learning & AI
- AI Applications powered by HPC Technologies
- HPC Simulations enhanced by Machine Learning
- ML Systems and Tools
- HPC system design for scalable machine learning
- Digital Twins and ML
- High-Performance Data Analytics
- Large Language Models and Generative AI in HPC
- Quantum Computing - Basics and Theory
- Quantum Program Development and Optimization
- Integration of Quantum Computing and HPC
- Quantum Computing - Technologies and Architectures
- Quantum Computing Use Cases
- Quantum-inspired algorithms and technologies
Note: Submissions on other innovative aspects of high performance computing are also welcome.
The Research Poster Award recognizes three outstanding research posters as selected by members of the posters committee. The Research Poster Award includes a cash prize of 500 Euros (first place), 300 Euros (second place) and 200 Euros (third place).
ISC 2023 Research Poster Award Winner
- Poster title
- Poster author information
- Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
- Extended abstract (1000 words max)
- Topic area
- Draft of the poster as PDF file
- The poster does not need to be in its final version. You may make changes to your poster after acceptance, but your submission must be a representative draft of the final poster.
- 1 page maximum
- Posters must be submitted as A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) with a high resolution to ensure readability (e.g.: 2384 px × 3370 px at 72 dpi)
- maximum file size: 10 MB
- Each poster is expected to receive a minimum of 3 reviewers
- Poster reviews are single-blind: reviewers will see author names, but authors will not see reviewer names.
- Posters will be evaluated based on originality, significance, quality and clarity
- All reviews will be considered by the poster’s committee
- Notification of the posters’ outcomes will be sent to authors
- ISC 2024 is planned as an in-person conference from May 12 to May 16, 2024 in Hamburg, Germany. By submitting a Research Poster the submitter agrees to present it at ISC 2024 in Hamburg, Germany. In case circumstances that the submitter/speaker cannot control prevent them from attending the event, the submitter/speaker should contact ISC organizers and the research poster chair as soon as possible to discuss different options.
- The research posters will be on display from Monday, May 13 through Wednesday, May 15, 2024. Every accepted research poster will have a very short lightning talk (one minute) within a poster pitch to capture the audience’s interest. The poster reception with snacks and drinks will give special attention to the posters and allows a maximum of interaction between poster authors and participants. Poster authors are obliged to be present at their poster during the entire reception.
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2024 participants, though one author will be granted a complimentary pass. Registrations fees will be published in 2024.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees for other authors, and other such expenses will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
PDFs of the posters will be published within the event platform for registered attendees only.