Are you interested in hosting a workshop at the ISC High Performance conference?
ISC is now accepting proposals for full- or half-day workshops.
The ISC workshops aim to offer attendees a concentrated and comprehensive forum for presentations, conversations, and engagement on a specific topic.
Michèle Weiland, EPCC, UK
Workshop Deputy Chair
Sarah Neuwirth, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Carola Kruse, CERFACS, France
Proceedings Deputy Chair
Tobias Weinzierl, Durham University, UK
Two types of workshops will be hosted:
(1) Workshops focused on disseminating their own call for papers and implementing a peer-review process. These workshops have specific requirements and a submission schedule. Papers that are accepted will be published in post-conference proceedings.
(2) Workshops without a call for papers and no post-conference proceedings.
Please note the different deadlines for the two workshop types.
Submitted workshop proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2024 Workshop Committee.
Workshops WITH Proceedings
|Notification of Acceptance||Thursday, November 30, 2023|
|Submission of Workshop Program (Website)||Friday, January 12, 2024|
Workshops WITHOUT Proceedings
|Submission Deadline||Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:59 pm AoE|
|Notification of Acceptance||Thursday, January 18, 2024|
|Submission of Workshop Program (Website)||Thursday, April 18, 2024|
|Submission of Final List of Speakers Deadline *||Thursday, April 18, 2024|
|Early-Bird Registration Deadline **||End of March 2024|
|Workshop Day||Thursday, May 16, 2024
Half-day: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Full-day: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
| Submission of Final Presentation Slides Deadline
||Friday, May 17, 2024|
* Please note: Workshop organizers are strongly encouraged to set paper submission deadlines no later than early March and acceptance notifications for authors no later than end of March to be able to meet the deadline for submitting the final list of speakers.
** Please note: Workshop organizers are strongly encouraged to set paper acceptance notification deadlines prior to the early-bird deadline. All workshop organizers and speakers will require a workshop pass.
Workshop organizers, speakers, and attendees will require a workshop pass.
ISC will grant a 100% discount of 1 workshop pass to organizers of half-day workshops, and of 2 workshop passes to organizers of full-day workshops.
We are inviting workshop proposals on topics related to all aspects of research, development, and application of large-scale, high-performance experimental and commercial systems for compute-intensive workloads.
System Architecture & Hardware Components
- Beyond Moore's Law
- Composable Disaggregated Infrastructure
- Data Center Infrastructure and Cooling
- Emerging Computing Technologies
- Extreme-scale Systems
- Heterogeneous System Architectures
- Interconnects and Networks
- Memory Technologies and Hierarchies
- Storage Technologies and Architectures
- Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
Programming Environments & System Software
- Compiler and Tools for Parallel Programming
- Domain-specific Languages and Code Generation
- Energy Management
- HPC in the Cloud and HPC Containers
- Parallel File Systems
- Parallel Programming Languages
- Resource Management and Scheduling
- Robustness and Resilience
- Runtime Systems for HPC
- Scalable Application Frameworks
- System and Performance Monitoring
Algorithms, Methods & Tuning
- Extreme-scale Algorithms
- Mixed Precision
- Novel Algorithms
- Numerical Libraries
- Optimizing for Energy and Performance
- Performance and Resource Modeling
- Performance Measurement
- Performance Tools and Simulators
Applications & Use Cases
- Application Workflows for Discovery
- Bioinformatics and Life Sciences
- Chemistry and Materials Science
- Computational Physics
- Earth, Climate and Weather Modeling
- Industrial Use Cases of HPC, ML and QC
- Visualization and Virtual Reality
Machine Learning & AI
- AI Applications powered by HPC Technologies
- Digital Twins and ML
- High-Performance Data Analytics
- HPC Simulations enhanced by Machine Learning
- HPC System Design for Scalable Machine Learning
- Large Language Models and Generative AI in HPC
- ML Systems and Tools
- Integration of Quantum Computing and HPC
- Quantum Computing - Basics and Theory
- Quantum Computing - Technologies and Architectures
- Quantum Computing - Use Cases
- Quantum Program Development and Optimization
- Quantum-inspired Algorithms and Technologies
Community & HPC
- Community Engagement
- Development of HPC Skills
- Education and Training
- Promotion of Young Talents
We strongly encourage workshop organizers to submit their proposals as early as possible so that there is enough time to organize the workshop program before the conference.
- Proposal for workshops with their own call for papers: closed
- Proposal for workshops without their own call for papers: December 7,2023 11:59 pm AoE
- Upload as single PDF file with important items such as workshop scope, relevance and impact of the workshop for ISC; list of tentative program committee members and/or steering committee; format (e.g., talks, panel sessions, keynote); expected outcome, and strategies for advertise and attract attendees.
- Submission of the workshop programme (website): Submit a valid web link (a pdf document is acceptable for workshops without proceedings) to a working workshop website with general information about the workshop and the agenda. The website does not need to be final and can be updated with more details until the day of the workshop. The ISC website will list all workshops and link to their submitted websites.
- Each workshop proposal is expected to receive a minimum of 3 reviews
- Workshops will be evaluated based on originality, significance, quality, and clarity
- By submitting a workshop proposal, you agree to organize and host the workshop at ISC 2024 in Hamburg, Germany
- Workshop organizers and speakers need to register for an ISC 2024 workshop pass. ISC will grant a 100% discount of 1 workshop pass to organizers of half-day workshops and 2 workshop passes to organizers of full-day workshops.
- ISC will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the workshops. Workshop organizers/speakers will have to bring their own presentation laptops and adapters.
- The workshop organizers will have to align their program with the workshop break schedule (morning sessions are from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 11:30 am to 1:00 pm; afternoon sessions are from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, with coffee breaks and lunch in between). Catering during coffee and lunch breaks will be provided to all registered workshop attendees.
- ISC will promote the workshops as part of the regular conference publicity activities. However, it is recommended that workshop organizers use their own channels to further attract attendees to their events.
- ISC will not be able to cover travel, accommodation, registration fees, and other such costs.
The post-conference Workshop Proceedings will be published with Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
We will organize the proceedings in a lightweight fashion. The workshop proceedings (minimum of 6 pages, maximum of 12 pages per workshop paper with 2 possible extra pages after the review to address the reviewer's comments) will be published after the conference. Workshop organizers are also free to organize the publication of paper proceedings on their own.
Presentation Materials for Attendees
ISC will make the presentation slides available within the event platform for registered attendees only.