ISC 2020 Workshops
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for Workshops is closed!
The ISC Workshops provide attendees with a focused and in-depth platform for presentations, discussions, and interactions on topics related to all aspects of high performance computing.
This year we will host two types of workshops:
- Workshops that want to disseminate their own call for papers and implement a peer-review process; Accepted papers will be published in post-conference proceedings.
- Workshops without a call for papers and without proceedings;
Workshop organizers, speakers, and attendees will require a Workshops Pass. Please find the registration prices and pass entitlements here.
*ISC will grant a 100 % discount on one workshop pass to accepted half-day workshops and two workshop passes to accepte
| Workshops Chair
||Heike Jagode, University of Tennessee Knoxville|
|Workshops Deputy Chair||Hartwig Anzt, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology|
|Proceedings Chair||Guido Juckeland, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf|
| Proceedings Deputy Chair
||Hatem Ltaief, KAUST|
Full-Day Workshops (9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
- HPC I/O in the Data Center
- 5th International Workshop on In Situ Visualization
- Fourth HPC Applications in Precision Medicine Workshop
- Compiler-assisted Correctness Checking and Performance Optimization for HPC
- Sixth International Workshop on Communication Architectures for HPC, Big Data, Deep Learning and Clouds at Extreme Scale
- SuperCompCloud: Workshop on Interoperability of Supercomputing and Cloud Technologies
- 1st ISC-HPC International Workshop on “Monitoring and Operational Data Analytics” (MODA)
- 15th Workshop on Virtualization in High-Performance Cloud Computing
- Deep Learning on Supercomputers
- Arm HPC User Group (AHUG) 2020
- The First Workshop on LLVM Compiler and Tools for HPC
- Workshop on the In Situ Co-Execution of High-Performance Computing & Data Analysis
- 6th Annual High Performance Container Workshop
Half-Day Workshops (9:00 am – 1:00 pm / 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
- The 2nd International Workshop on Scalable Data Analytics Methods in Scientific Computing
- First International Workshop on the Application of Machine Learning Techniques to Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulations and Analysis
- 2nd International Workshop on Legacy Software Refactoring for Performance
- Second Workshop on HPC Education and Training for Emerging Technologies
- Machine Learning on HPC Systems
- Women in HPC: Diversifying the HPC Community and engaging male allies
- Fourth Workshop on Interactive High-Performance Computing
- International Workshop on Machine Learning Hardware
- Approximate and Transprecision Computing on Emerging Technologies (ATCET) - Second Edition
- Numerical Algorithms and Libraries for Exascale
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for Workshops is closed!
Are you interested in hosting a workshop at the ISC High Performance conference?
ISC is now accepting proposals for full- or half-day workshops. The goal of workshops is to provide attendees with a focused and in-depth platform for presentations, discussion and interaction in a particular subject area.
Submitted workshop proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2020 Workshops Committee, which is headed by Dr. Heike Jagode, University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA, with
Dr. Hartwig Anzt, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, as Deputy Chair.
Workshop organizers, speakers, and attendees will require a Workshops Pass.
Please find the registration prices and pass entitlements here.
*ISC will grant a 100 % discount on one workshop pass to accepted half-day workshops and two workshop passes to accepted full-day workshops.
|Submission for Workshops WITH proceedings Deadline||
|Submission for Workshops WITH proceedings Notification||December 11, 2019|
|Submission for Workshops WITHOUT proceedings Deadline||closed|
|Submission for Workshops WITHOUT proceedings Notification||March 11, 2020|
|Submission of Final List of Speakers Deadline **||April 28, 2020|
| Early-Bird Registration Deadline ***
||May 5, 2020|
| Workshop Day
||June 25, 2020
Half-day: 9 am - 1 pm
Full-day: 9 am - 6 pm
** Please note: Workshop organizers should set paper deadlines to end of March to adhere to the List of Speakers deadline.
*** Please note: Workshop organizers should set Paper Acceptance Notification deadlines prior to the Early-Bird deadline. Workshop organizers and speakers will require a Workshop Pass.
| Submission of Final Presentation Slides Deadline
||June 26, 2020|
AREAS OF INTEREST
We are inviting workshop proposals on topics related to all aspects of research, development, and application of large-scale, high-performance experimental and commercial systems. Topics include HPC computer architecture and hardware, programming models, system software, performance analysis and modeling, compiler analysis and optimization techniques, sustainability of scientific software, applications, deep learning, artificial intelligence, solutions for heterogeneity, reliability and power efficiency of systems as well as how those areas relate to big data and cloud computing.
SUBMISSION & REVIEW PROCESS
Submission (The Call for Workshops is closed)
- Proposal for workshops with their own call for papers: November 27, 2019 (closed)
- Proposal for workshops without their own call for papers: February 12, 2020 (closed)
- Upload as single PDF-file
- Minimum 4 reviewers
- Criteria: originality, significance, quality and clarity
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By submitting a workshop proposal, you agree to organize and host the workshop at ISC 2020 in Frankfurt, Germany
- Workshop organizers and speakers need to register for an ISC 2020 Workshop Pass. ISC will grant a 100 % discount on one workshop pass to accepted half-day workshops and two workshop passes to accepted full-day workshops.
- The workshop organizers themselves commit to inform their speakers that they have to register for ISC 2020 Workshops and will not automatically receive a free workshop pass.
- ISC will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the workshops. Workshop organizers/speakers will have to bring their own presentation laptops and adapters.
- The workshop organizers will have to align their program with the workshop break schedule (morning sessions are from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, afternoon sessions are from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, with coffee breaks and lunch in between). Catering during coffee and lunch breaks will be provided to all registered workshop attendees.
- ISC will promote the workshops as part of the regular conference publicity activities; however, it is recommended that workshop organizers use their own channels to further attract attendees to their events.
- ISC will not be able to cover travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs.
The post-conference Workshop Proceedings will be published with Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
We will organize the proceedings in a lightweight fashion. The workshop proceedings (minimum 6 pages, maximum 12 pages per workshop paper, excluding references) will be published after the conference but we will collect preliminary versions of the papers and make them available during the workshop to your workshop attendees. Workshop organizers are also free to organize the publication of paper proceedings on their own.
PRESENTATION SLIDES FOR ATTENDEES
ISC will make the presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2020 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.