ISC 2020 Call for Workshops
PLEASE NOTE: The call for Regular Workshops is currently open for submission!
Are you interested in hosting a workshop at the ISC High Performance conference?
ISC is now accepting proposals for full- or half-day workshops. The goal of workshops is to provide attendees with a focused and in-depth platform for presentations, discussion and interaction in a particular subject area.
ISC 2020 will host two types of workshops: (1) workshops that want to disseminate their own call for papers and implement a peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in post-conference proceedings; and (2) workshops without a call for papers and without proceedings. Please note the different deadlines for the two workshop types.
Submitted workshop proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2020 Workshops Committee, which is headed by Dr. Heike Jagode, University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA, with
Dr. Hartwig Anzt, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, as Deputy Chair.
Workshop organizers, speakers, and attendees will require a Workshop Pass.
*ISC will grant a 100 % discount on one free workshop pass to accepted half-day workshops and two free workshop passes to accepted full-day workshops.
Please find the ISC 2019 registration fees here. ISC 2020 registration fees will be published in January 2020.
|Submission for Workshops WITH proceedings Deadline||
|Submission for Workshops WITH proceedings Notification||December 11, 2019|
|Submission for Workshops WITHOUT proceedings Deadline||February 12, 2020, 11:59pm AoE|
|Submission for Workshops WITHOUT proceedings Notification||March 11, 2020|
|Submission of Final List of Speakers Deadline **||April 28, 2020|
| Early-Bird Registration Deadline ***
| Workshop Day
||June 25, 2020
Half-day: 9 am - 1 pm
Full-day: 9 am - 6 pm
** Please note: Workshop organizers should set paper deadlines to end of March to adhere to the List of Speakers deadline.
*** Please note: Workshop organizers should set Paper Acceptance Notification deadlines prior to the Early-Bird deadline. Workshop organizers and speakers will require a Workshop Pass.
| Submission of Final Presentation Slides Deadline
||June 26, 2020|
| Workshops Chair
||Heike Jagode, University of Tennessee Knoxville|
|Workshops Deputy Chair||Hartwig Anzt, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology|
|Proceedings Chair||Guido Juckeland, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf|
| Proceedings Deputy Chair
||Hatem Ltaief, KAUST|
We are inviting workshop proposals on topics related to all aspects of research, development, and application of large-scale, high-performance experimental and commercial systems. Topics include HPC computer architecture and hardware, programming models, system software, performance analysis and modeling, compiler analysis and optimization techniques, sustainability of scientific software, applications, deep learning, artificial intelligence, solutions for heterogeneity, reliability and power efficiency of systems as well as how those areas relate to big data and cloud computing.
We strongly encourage workshop organizers to submit their proposals as early as possible so that there is enough time to organize the workshop program before the conference.
- Proposal for workshops with their own call for papers: November 27, 2019 (closed)
- Proposal for workshops without their own call for papers: February 12, 2020
- Upload as single PDF-file
- Minimum 4 reviewers
- Criteria: originality, significance, quality and clarity
- By submitting a workshop proposal, you agree to organize and host the workshop at ISC 2020 in Frankfurt, Germany
- Workshop organizers and speakers need to register for an ISC 2020 Workshop Pass. ISC will grant a 100 % discount on one free workshop pass to accepted half-day workshops and two free workshop passes to accepted full-day workshops.
- The workshop organizers themselves commit to inform their speakers that they have to register for ISC 2020 Workshops and will not automatically receive a free workshop pass.
- ISC will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the workshops. Workshop organizers/speakers will have to bring their own presentation laptops and adapters.
- The workshop organizers will have to align their program with the workshop break schedule (morning sessions are from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, afternoon sessions are from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, with coffee breaks and lunch in between). Catering during coffee and lunch breaks will be provided to all registered workshop attendees.
- ISC will promote the workshops as part of the regular conference publicity activities; however, it is recommended that workshop organizers use their own channels to further attract attendees to their events.
- ISC will not be able to cover travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs.
The post-conference Workshop Proceedings will be published with Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
We will organize the proceedings in a lightweight fashion. The workshop proceedings (minimum 6 pages, maximum 12 pages per workshop paper) will be published after the conference but we will collect preliminary versions of the papers and make them available during the workshop to your workshop attendees. Workshop organizers are also free to organize the publication of paper proceedings on their own.
PRESENTATION SLIDES FOR ATTENDEES
ISC will make the presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2020 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.