PLEASE NOTE: The Call for Workshop is closed.
The goal of the ISC workshops is to provide attendees with a focused and in-depth platform for presentations, discussion and interaction in a particular subject area.
ISC 2023 will host two types of workshops:
(1) Workshops that want to disseminate their own call for papers and implement a peer-review process. These have their own requirements and submission schedule. Accepted papers will be published in post-conference proceedings.
(2) Workshops without a call for papers and without proceedings.
A list of all accepted workshops can be found under Program.
Information for speakers: Please look at our Speaker Manual, which provides guidance and information in preparing and delivering your upcoming presentation at ISC 2023.
Submission for Workshops WITH Proceedings Deadline
|Submission for Workshops WITH Proceedings Notification||December 15, 2022|
|Submission for Workshops WITHOUT Proceedings Deadline||closed|
|Submission for Workshops WITHOUT Proceedings Notification||postponed:
February 16, 2023
|Submission of Final List of Speakers Deadline *||April 6, 2023
April, 25, 2023 (extended)
|Early-Bird Registration Deadline **||April 19, 2023|
|Workshop Day||May 25, 2023
9 am - 1 pm or 2 pm - 6 pm
Full-day: 9 am - 6 pm
* Please note: Workshop organizers should set paper deadlines to the end of March to adhere to the list of speakers deadline.
** Please note: Workshop organizers should set paper acceptance notification deadlines prior to the early-bird deadline. Workshop organizers and speakers will require a workshop pass.
| Submission of Final Presentation Slides Deadline (optional)
||May 26, 2023|
|Camera-Ready Deadline for Workshops with Proceedings||June 22, 2023|
|Workshop Chair||Amanda Bienz, University of New Mexico, USA|
|Workshop Deputy Chair||Michele Weiland, EPCC - University of Edinburgh, UK|
|Proceedings Chair||Marc Baboulin, Université Paris-Saclay, France|
|Proceedings Deputy Chair||Carola Kruse, Centre Européen de Recherche et de Formation Avancée en Calcul Scientifique (CERFACS), France|
Workshop organizers, speakers, and attendees will require a workshop pass.
ISC will grant one complimentary registration to organizers of half-day workshops and two complimentary registrations to organizers of full-day workshops, which they should hand over to the speaker(s).
Submitted workshop proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2023 Workshop Committee, which is headed by Amanda Bienz, University of New Mexico, USA, as Chair.
AREAS OF INTEREST
We are inviting workshop proposals on topics related to all aspects of research, development, and application of large-scale, high-performance experimental and commercial systems for compute-intensive workloads.
- Architectures, Networks, & Storage
- HPC Algorithms & Applications
- Programming Environments & Systems Software
- Performance Modeling, Evaluation, & Analysis
- Machine Learning, AI and Quantum Computing
SUBMISSION & REVIEW PROCESS
We strongly encourage workshop organizers to submit their proposals as early as possible so that there is enough time to organize the workshop program before the conference.
- Proposal for workshops with their own call for paper: closed
- Proposal for workshops without their own call for paper: closed
- Upload as single PDF file with important items such as workshop scope, relevance and impact of the workshop for ISC; list of tentative program committee members and/or steering committee; format (e.g., talks, panel sessions, keynote); expected outcome, and strategies for advertise and attract attendees.
- Each workshop proposal is expected to receive a minimum of 4 reviews
- Peer review will be used
- Workshops will be evaluated based on originality, significance, quality, and clarity
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By submitting a workshop proposal, you agree to organize and host the workshop at ISC 2023 in Hamburg, Germany
- Workshop organizers and speakers need to register for an ISC 2023 workshop pass. ISC will grant a 100% discount of one workshop pass to organizers of half-day workshops and two workshop passes to organizers of full-day workshops.
- ISC will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the workshops. Workshop organizers/speakers will have to bring their own presentation laptops and adapters.
- The workshop organizers will have to align their program with the workshop break schedule (morning sessions are from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 11:30 am to 1:00 pm; afternoon sessions are from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, with coffee breaks and lunch in between). Catering during coffee and lunch breaks will be provided to all registered workshop attendees.
- ISC will promote the workshops as part of the regular conference publicity activities. However, it is recommended that workshop organizers use their own channels to further attract attendees to their events.
- ISC will not be able to cover travel, accommodation, registration fees, and other such costs.
The post-conference Workshop Proceedings will be published with Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
We will organize the proceedings in a lightweight fashion. The workshop proceedings (minimum of 6 pages, maximum of 12 pages per workshop paper) will be published after the conference. Workshop organizers are also free to organize the publication of paper proceedings on their own.
Presentation Materials for Attendees
ISC will make the presentation slides available within the event platform for registered attendees only.
Contact the Workshop Committee, if you have any questions.