ISC 2023 event welcomed 3,105 attendees from 61 different countries, creating a sense of community and familiarity for those in the HPC industry.
The event was attended by users and providers of HPC, as well as those involved in machine learning, quantum computing, and emerging technologies such as digital twin. This provided an opportunity to discuss challenges and possible solutions.
Here are some statistics:
- 3,105 attendees in total (2,958 in person + 147 online)
- 830 HPC users + 1,838 HPC providers + 55 media/analysts + representatives of other organizations
- 159 exhibitors (148 on the show floor and 11 online)
May 21-25ISC 2023
ISC High Performance attendees can look forward to a number of prestigious awards that recognize research excellence in high performance computing.
Jack Dongarra Early Career Award
The annual Jack Dongarra Early Career Award and Lecture Series commemorates Professor Jack Dongarra’s lifelong contributions to the field of high performance computing and to the HPC community. The award and lecture will be incorporated into the conference series starting in 2023.
The award includes a cash prize of 5,000 Euros and a certificate of recognition.
The recipient of the Award at ISC 2023 is:
Torsten Hoefler of ETH Zurich
Research Paper Awards
The following award will be given to one outstanding research paper submitted to the conference:
HANS MEUER AWARD
The Hans Meuer Award honors the most outstanding research paper submitted to the conference’s Research Papers Committee. This award has been introduced in the memory of the late Dr. Hans Meuer, general chair of the ISC conference from 1986 through 2014, and co-founder of the TOP500 project.
From all submitted research papers, the Research Papers Committee selects the overall best paper for the award. The winner of the Hans Meuer Award also received a cash prize of 3,000 Euros and an award certificate.
The paper selected as the winner of the Hans Meuer Award at ISC 2023 is:
Expression Isolation of Compiler-Induced Numerical Inconsistencies in Heterogeneous Code authored by Dolores Miao (University of California, USA), Ignacio Laguna (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA), Cindy Rubio-González (University of California, USA)
Research Poster Awards
The ISC Research Poster Award will be given to one outstanding research poster submitted to the conference. The award winner received a cash prize of € 500 and a certificate.
The following Research Poster was selected to receive the Research Poster Award at ISC 2023:
MPI4Dask: Efficient MPI-based Communication for Scalable Accelerated Dask Applications
authored by Jinghan Yao, Aamir Shafi, Hari Subramoni, Dhabaleswar K. Panda (The Ohio State University, USA)
WE CONGRATULATE ALL AWARD RECIPIENTS!
ISC 2023 Committees
The ISC 2023 steering committee provides guidance on the conference program and help enhance publicity, acceptance and growth of ISC in industry, research and academia.
- Marc Baboulin, Université Paris-Saclay, France (Proceedings Chair)
- Frank Baetke, European Open File Systems Association (EOFS), Germany (ISC Fellow)
- Florian Berberich, PRACE
- Abhinav Bhatele, University of Maryland, USA (Research Papers Chair)
- Amanda Bienz, University of New Mexico, USA (Workshops Chair)
- Taisuke Boku, University of Tsukuba, Japan (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair System Architecture)
- Are Magnus Bruaset, Simula, Norway (Project Posters Chair)
- Suren Byna, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, USA (Tutorials Chair)
- Laura Carrington, EP Analytics, USA (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair Parallel Programming & Performance Modelling)
- Jack Dongarra, University of Tennessee & ORNL, USA (ISC Fellow)
- Marta Garcia Gasulla, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain (BoFs Chair)
- Tom Gibbs, NVIDIA, USA (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair Machine Learning)
- Horst Gietl, ISC Group, Executive Consultant, Germany (ISC Fellow)
- Pauline Gounaud, EuroHPC Joint Undertaking
- Laura Grigori, INRIA, France (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair Applications & Algorithms)
- Jeff Hammond, NVIDIA, Finland (Research Papers Deputy Chair)
- Shadi Ibrahim, Inria, France (Tutorials Deputy Chair)
- Carola Kruse, Centre Européen de Recherche et de Formation Avancée en Calcul Scientifique (CERFACS), France (Proceedings Deputy Chair)
- Yutong Lu, NSCC in Guangzhou, China (ISC Fellow)
- Thomas Ludwig, University of Hamburg, Germany (ISC Fellow)
- Satoshi Matsuoka, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (ISC Fellow)
- Kristel Michielsen, Juelich Supercomputing Centre, Germany (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair Quantum Computing)
- Wolfgang Nagel, TU Dresden, Germany (ISC Fellow)
- James Lin, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China (HPC in Asia-Pacific Chair)
- Stephan Schenk, BASF, Germany (Invited Program Committee - Track Chair Applications & Algorithms)
- John Shalf, LBNL, USA (Program Chair)
- Horst Simon, LBNL, USA (ISC Fellow)
- Thomas Sterling, Indiana University, USA (ISC Fellow)
- Erich Strohmaier, LBNL, USA (ISC Fellow)
- Estela Suarez, Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH / Universität Bonn, Germany (Research Posters Chair)
- Michela Taufer, The University of Tennessee, USA (Deputy Program Chair)
- Antonino Tumeo, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA (Project Posters Deputy Chair)
- Michele Weiland, EPCC - University of Edinburgh, UK (Workshops Deputy Chair)
- Brian Wylie, Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH (BoFs Deputy Chair)
- Rio Yokota, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (Research Posters Deputy Chair)
- Taisuke Boku, University of Tsukuba, Japan (Track Chair System Architecture)
- Laura Carrington, EP Analytics, USA (Track Chair Parallel Programming & Performance Modelling)
- Tom Gibbs, NVIDIA, USA (Track Chair Machine Learning)
- Laura Grigori, INRIA, France (Track Chair Applications & Algorithms)
- Kristel Michielsen, Juelich Supercomputing Centre, Germany (Track Chair Quantum Computing)
- Stephan Schenk, BASF, Germany (Track Chair Applications & Algorithms)
- John Shalf, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), USA (Program Chair)
- Michela Taufer, The University of Tennessee, USA (Program Deputy Chair)