ISC 2022 Call for Research Papers
PLEASE NOTE: THE CALL FOR RESEARCH PAPERS IS CLOSED.
The ISC research paper sessions provide world-class opportunities for engineers and scientists in academia, industry, and government to present and discuss issues, trends, and results that will shape the future of High Performance Computing (HPC), Networking, Storage, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics.
|Research Papers Chair||Ana Lucia Varbanescu, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|Research Papers Deputy Chair||Abhinav Bhatele, University of Maryland, USA|
|Proceedings Chair||Piotr Luszczek, University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA|
|Proceedings Deputy Chair||Marc Baboulin, Université Paris-Saclay, France|
PLEASE NOTE: THE CALL FOR RESEARCH PAPERS IS CLOSED.
Submitted research papers will be reviewed by the ISC 2022 Research Papers Committee, which is headed by Ana Lucia Varbanescu, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, as Chair, and Abhinav Bhatele, University of Maryland, USA as Deputy Chair.
The ISC organizers will again sponsor the Hans Meuer Award, which recognizes the most outstanding research paper, selected by members of the research papers committee. The Hans Meuer Award includes a cash prize of 3,000 Euros for the paper’s authors.
|Abstract Submission Deadline||closed|
|Full Submission Deadline||closed|
|Author Rebuttals||January 21 – 26, 2022|
|Notification of Acceptance||February 11, 2022|
|Camera-Ready Submission||March 25, 2022 11:59pm AoE|
|Research Paper Sessions||Monday May 30 – Wednesday June 1, 2022|
|Final Presentation Slides in PDF due||May 10, 2022|
AREAS OF INTEREST
The Research Papers Committee encourages the submission of high-quality papers reporting original work in theoretical, experimental, and industrial research & development. The ISC submission process will be divided into five tracks this year, as follows:
|Architectures, Networks, & Storage||HPC Algorithms & Applications|
|Programming Environments & Systems Software||Machine Learning, AI, & Emerging Technologies|
|Performance Modeling, Evaluation, & Analysis|
Note: Submissions on other innovative aspects of high-performance computing are also welcome. You will be asked to pick a primary and a secondary track from the five above for your submission.
SUBMISSION & REVIEW PROCESS
Submission (The Call for Research Papers is closed!)
Submissions will take place in two phases:
(1) submission of the paper’s title, authors, and abstract for planning purposes;
(2) submission of the paper itself.
Paper submissions are required to be formatted using LNCS style (see Springer’s website):
- Single-column format
- Maximum 18 pages (including figures and references)
- Use Springer’s LaTeX document class or Word template (see Springer’s Proceedings Guidelines)
- Papers must be suitable for double-blind review (see ISC High Performance Double-Blind Review Guidelines)
- The PC reserves the right to reject incorrectly formatted papers
- Papers cannot have been previously published or simultaneously under review
- Each paper is expected to receive a minimum of 4 reviews
- Double-blind peer-review will be used
- Papers will be evaluated based on novelty, fundamental insights, clarity of presentation, and potential for long-term impact
Rebuttal phase (January 21 – 26, 2022):
- Initial reviewer comments will be made available to authors
- Authors can respond to clarify misunderstandings and answer questions
- Rebuttals will be submitted in written format and will have a tight deadline
- Authors will receive additional instructions via email
Final decision (February 11, 2022):
- All reviews and rebuttals will be considered by the paper’s track committee
- Live reviewer discussions will occur during the research paper committee meeting
- A consensus-driven approach will be used to select the strongest papers
- Notification of the papers’ outcomes will be sent to authors after the PC meeting
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- ISC 2022 is planned as an in-person conference from May 29 to June 2, 2022 in Hamburg, Germany. By submitting a research paper the submitter agrees that one of the authors of the paper will present the work at ISC 2022 in Hamburg, Germany. In case circumstances that the submitter/speaker cannot control prevent them from attending the event, the submitter/speaker should contact ISC organizers and the Research paper chair as soon as possible to discuss different options.
- The research paper sessions will be held from Monday, May 30 through Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
- All research paper sessions will be streamed and recorded. Presentations will be available within the event platform for registered attendees only.
- Paper presenters need to be registered ISC 2022 participants. For accepted papers, one author is eligible for a complimentary conference participation pass.
- Travel, accommodation, registration fees for other authors, and other such expenses will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
All accepted research papers will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. There are no fees related to the publication of accepted papers by Springer. The papers will also be available to download from Springer’s website for a limited time after ISC 2022.
Authors may also opt to publish open access versions of their papers through Springer if desired—please refer to Springer’s website for further information and pricing.
Paper submissions are required to be no more than 18 pages in LNCS style. For the camera-ready version, authors are automatically granted two extra page to incorporate reviewer comments.
Volumes published as part of the LNCS series are made available to the following indexing services:
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI), part of Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science
- EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases)
- ACM Digital Library
- Google Scholar
- Zentralblatt MATH
The ISC organizers will make the presentation materials available within the event platform for registered attendees only.