STUDENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Are you a student with a strong interest in computer science or other STEM fields? Do you dream of exploring the exciting worlds of high performance computing, machine learning, quantum computing, and data analytics? We have an amazing opportunity for you! This program offers a unique blend of experience, learning, and networking that can significantly impact your career trajectory. Join us at our event and take advantage of this tailor-made opportunity.
We seek dependable and committed young individuals to assist in the operational tasks at ISC 2024 in Hamburg.
Opening of the call
December 1, 2023
February 11, 2024
Notification of Acceptance
February 22, 2024
PERKS OF BEING A STUDENT VOLUNTEER
- You can access tutorials, conference sessions, and workshops outside your operational schedule
- You will have the opportunity to engage with exhibitors on the show floor
- You will have access to exclusive evening events and receive housing (for out-of-town volunteers) for a seamless experience
- You will be provided excellent food during the conference hours
- You will receive the conference proceedings after the event
- You have the chance to network with esteemed HPC experts, influential individuals in the industry, and possible future employers. Imagine connecting with like-minded people from different educational institutions and global businesses. The positive impact of this experience often leads to internships, admission to prestigious Ph.D. programs, and even job offers.
At our event, we strongly value inclusion and diversity. We warmly welcome minority STEM students to take advantage of this platform as a springboard. It's an exceptional opportunity to fully engage in the world of HPC, spanning academia, research, and commercial landscapes.
- Volunteers must be enrolled in a PhD, masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Volunteers must be able to speak English fluently.
- Volunteers must be willing to work* a minimum of around 25 hours before and during the conference (must be available from May 19 to May 26, 2023).
- Volunteers are solely responsible for their travel expenses. In some cases your school may be able to provide assistance.
*NOTE: Duties before and during the conference may include tasks such as assisting attendee check-in, doorkeeper at conference sessions, running microphones to audience members during sessions, providing technical support to the ISCnet team or the event technicians, monitoring catering areas, counting participants at sessions, and other similar tasks.