STUDENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Are you a student with a strong interest in computer science or other STEM fields? Do you dream of exploring the exciting worlds of high performance computing, machine learning, quantum computing, and data analytics? We have an amazing opportunity for you! This program offers a unique blend of experience, learning, and networking that can significantly impact your career trajectory. Join us at our event and take advantage of this tailor-made opportunity.
We seek dependable and committed young individuals to assist in the operational tasks at ISC 2024 in Hamburg.
Submissions will be accepted through February 11, 2024.
Applicants who have been accepted will be notified on February 22, 2024.
By clicking this button, you will be redirected to Linklings, which manages all ISC submissions.
PERKS OF BEING A STUDENT VOLUNTEER
- You can access tutorials, conference sessions, and workshops outside your operational schedule
- You will have the opportunity to engage with exhibitors on the show floor
- You will have access to exclusive evening events and receive housing (for out-of-town volunteers) for a seamless experience
- You will be provided excellent food during the conference hours
- You will receive the conference proceedings after the event
- You have the chance to network with esteemed HPC experts, influential individuals in the industry, and possible future employers. Imagine connecting with like-minded people from different educational institutions and global businesses. The positive impact of this experience often leads to internships, admission to prestigious Ph.D. programs, and even job offers.
At our event, we strongly value inclusion and diversity. We warmly welcome minority STEM students to take advantage of this platform as a springboard. It's an exceptional opportunity to fully engage in the world of HPC, spanning academia, research, and commercial landscapes.
ISC DIVERSITY & INCLUSION PARTNER
Our valued partner, Women in High Performance Computing (WHPC), was created with the vision to encourage women and those in underrepresented groups to participate in the HPC community by providing fellowship, education, and support to these individuals and the organisations that employ them.
Through collaboration and networking, WHPC strives to bring together a diverse and equitable community in HPC and technical computing while encouraging women and those in underrepresented groups to engage in outreach activities and improve the visibility of inspirational role models.
- Volunteers must be enrolled in a PhD, masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Volunteers must be able to speak English fluently.
- Volunteers must be willing to work* a minimum of around 25 hours before and during the conference (must be available from May 10 to May 17, 2024).
- Volunteers are solely responsible for their travel expenses. In some cases your school may be able to provide assistance.
*NOTE: Duties before and during the conference may include tasks such as assisting attendee check-in, doorkeeper at conference sessions, running microphones to audience members during sessions, providing technical support to the ISCnet team or the event technicians, monitoring catering areas, counting participants at sessions, and other similar tasks.