ISC High Performance Travel Grant 2018
The ISC High Performance Travel Grant (ISC Travel Grant) Program is intended to enable one university student and one young researcher who lack funding opportunities to attend the ISC High Performance conference in June 2018.
Successful candidates are required to attend the full conference program, from Sunday, June 24 through Thursday, June 28. They will be assigned a mentor, who will help them get the most out of the conference by suggesting relevant program sessions and introducing them to experts in their research field.
The Scope of the Travel Grant
The ISC Travel Grant program provides financial assistance to enable the selected candidate to attend ISC 2018. If the selected candidate is from Europe or North Africa, the maximum travel grant is 1000 euros, and for a candidate from other continents, the maximum grant is 1500 euros. ISC Group will provide the selected candidate free registration for the entire conference program.
- The applicant must be at least 21 years of age and be either currently enrolled in a university degree program or employed at a research facility in their home country.
- If enrolled as a student, the applicant must show a keen interest in acquiring knowledge in computational or data science, and if a researcher, they must be in strong need of HPC skills to solve problems across a wide variety of compute-intense or data-intensive disciplines.
- The applicant cannot have received any past travel funding from ISC High Performance.
- The applicant must explain, in an English essay of 350 to 450 words, how this experience will benefit and how they intend to pay it forward.
Applications for the ISC Travel Grant will be evaluated by the Travel Grant Committee.
- Elizabeth Leake, STEM-Trek
- Julian Kunkel, University of Reading
- Kim McMahon, McMahon Consulting
- Colleen Sheedy, ISC Group
The evaluation criteria include the applicant's need and lack of funding alternatives, the estimated cost of travel and accommodation, and how they plan to pay forward the knowledge they acquire at the conference. Naturally, applicants must also meet all the requirements listed in the “Who is Eligible to Apply” section, above.
Please note that the application process is now closed. The successful candidate will be notified by May 15, 2018, to allow about five weeks to obtain a visa for travel to Germany, if necessary. After acceptance a passport photo image and the rights for using it have to be provided for marketing purposes to be eligible for the grant.
If you need any further information please send an email to trav. firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: May 1, 2018 AoE
Notification of Acceptance: May 15, 2018