ISC 2019 Workshops
The goal of ISC workshops is to provide attendees with a focused and in-depth platform for presentations, discussion and interaction in a particular subject area.
Workshops will be held at the Marriott Hotel on Thursday, June 20, 2019 and will be either half-day (9:00 am – 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm) or full-day (9:00 am – 6:00 pm).
Attendance will require a Workshop Pass.
Chair - Dr. Sadaf Alam
From all workshops submitted to the conference, the ISC 2019 Workshops Committee, which is headed by Dr. Sadaf Alam, Swiss National Supercomputing Center (CSCS), with Dr. Heike Jagode, University of Tennessee Knoxville, as Deputy Chair and Dr. Michèle Weiland, EPCC – The University of Edinburgh, as Workshop Proceedings Chair with Dr. Guido Juckeland, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf as Workshop Proceedings Deputy Chair, has selected the following workshops for presentation at ISC 2019:
Full-Day Workshops (9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
- 14th Workshop on Virtualization in High-Performance Cloud Computing
- 5th Annual High Performance Container Workshop
- Arm HPC User Group (AHUG) 2019
- Deep Learning for Science
- Fifth International Workshop on Communication Architectures for HPC, Big Data, Deep Learning and Clouds at Extreme Scale
- Fourth Workshop on Performance Portable Programming Models for Accelerators (P3MA)
- HPC I/O in the Data Center
- International Workshop on OpenPOWER for HPC 2019
- The First Annual Workshop for HPC PowerStack
- Third HPC Applications in Precision Medicine
- WOIV'19: 4th International Workshop on In Situ Visualization
- X86, ARM, GPUs! Today’s Programming Environment for the Complex, Many-choice Platforms in HPC
Half-Day Morning Workshops (9:00 am – 1:00 pm)
- 3rd Workshop on HPC Computing in a Post Moore´s Law World (HCPM) 2019
- First International Workshop on Legacy Software Refactoring for Performance (REFAC'19)
- Second Workshop on the Convergence of Large Scale Simulation/HPC and Artificial Intelligence
- Women in HPC: Diversifying the HPC Community and engaging male allies
- Workshop on HPC Education and Training for Emerging Technologies
Half-Day Afternoon Workshops (2:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
- Numerical Reproducibility at Exascale 2019
- Scalable Data Analytics in Scientific Computing
- Second Workshop on Interactive High-Performance Computing
- Using FPGAs to Accelerating HPC and Data Analytics on Intel-Based Systems
Presentation abstracts, speaker information and the workshop schedule will be published in April 2019.
We will organize a joint Workshop Proceedings that will be published with Springer similar to the ISC 2019 research papers proceedings. The post-conference proceedings provide workshop organizers with the opportunity to tentatively accept papers for presentation at ISC and make the final acceptance during or shortly after ISC based on potentially revised papers.
We will organize the proceedings in a lightweight fashion. The workshop proceedings (minimum 6 pages, maximum 12 pages per workshop paper) will be published after the conference but we will collect preliminary versions of the papers and make them available during the workshop to your workshop attendees. Workshop organizers are also free to organize the publication of paper proceedings on their own.
PRESENTATION SLIDES FOR ATTENDEES
The ISC organizers will make the presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2019 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.
PLEASE NOTE: The Call for Workshops is closed!
Are you interested in hosting a workshop at the ISC High Performance conference?
ISC is now accepting proposals for full- or half-day workshops. The goal of workshops is to provide attendees with a focused and in-depth platform for presentations, discussion and interaction in a particular subject area.
Attendance will require a Workshop Pass. Please find the ISC 2019 registration fees here.
| Pre-submission Deadline*
|Pre-Submission Notification||December 12, 2018|
|Final Submission Deadline||Closed|
| Final Notification of Acceptance
||March 13, 2019|
|Program Material (final list of speakers)||April 28, 2019|
June 20, 2019
Half-day: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Full-day: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
|Program Material (final presentation slides)||
June 22, 2019
|Camera-Ready Submission||July 22, 2019|
* The pre-submission deadline is for workshops that want to disseminate their own call for papers and implement a peer-review process. Proposals for “regular” workshops without calls for papers should be submitted by February 13, 2019. The Call for Workshops is closed!
|Workshops Chair||Dr. Sadaf Alam, Swiss National Supercomputing Center (CSCS) (send email)|
|Workshops Deputy Chair||Dr. Heike Jagode, University of Tennessee Knoxville
|Proceedings Chair||Dr. Michèle Weiland, EPCC (send email)|
|Proceedings Deputy Chair||Guido Juckeland, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (send email)|
AREAS OF INTEREST
We are inviting workshop proposals on topics related to all aspects of research, development, and application of large-scale, high-performance experimental and commercial systems. Topics include HPC computer architecture and hardware, programming models, system software, performance analysis and modeling, compiler analysis and optimization techniques, applications, deep learning, artificial intelligence, solutions for heterogeneity, reliability and power efficiency of systems as well as how those areas relate to big data and cloud computing.
We strongly encourage workshop organizers to submit their proposals as early as possible so that there is enough time to organize the workshop program before the conference.
SUBMISSION & REVIEW PROCESS
Submission (The Call for Workshop is closed!)
- Pre-submission with internal call: November 28, 2018 (closed)
- Note that the Workshop Committee will also make early decisions to give you more time to promote and prepare your workshop
Regular workshops: February 13, 2019 (closed)
Upload as single PDF-file
Minimum 3 reviewers
Criteria: originality, significance, quality and clarity
Pre-submission workshops: December 12, 2018
Regular workshops: March 13, 2019
Notification of authors
Allocation of the time slot
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By submitting a workshop proposal, you agree to organize and host the workshop at ISC 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Workshop presenters need to be registered ISC 2019 participants. The ISC organizers will grant one free workshop pass to accepted half-day workshops and two free workshop passes to accepted full-day workshops.
- The ISC organizers will provide meeting room facilities and basic technical equipment for the workshops. Workshop organizers/speakers will have to bring their own presentation laptops and adapters.
- The workshop organizers will have to align their program with the workshop break schedule (morning sessions are from 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, afternoon sessions are from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, with coffee breaks and lunch in between). Catering during coffee and lunch breaks will be provided to all registered workshop attendees.
- The ISC organizers will promote the workshops as part of the regular conference publicity activities; however, it is recommended that workshop organizers use their own channels to further attract attendees to their events.
- The ISC organizers will not be able to cover travel, accommodation, registration fees and other such costs.
- Sadaf Alam, Swiss National Supercomputing Center (CSCS), Switzerland (Chair)
- Heike Jagode, University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA (Deputy Chair)
- Hartwig Anzt, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, University of Tennessee, Germany
- Bruce D'Amora, IBM, USA
- Anthony Danalis, University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA
- Giuseppe Fiameni, CINECA, Italy
- Joachim Hein, Lund University, Sweden
- Andreas Knuepfer, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
- John Linford, Arm, USA
- Hatem Ltaief, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
- Shirley Moore, ORNL, USA
- Akihiro Nomura, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Melissa Smith, Clemson, USA
- Jonathan Sparks, Cray, USA
- Ugo Varetto, Pawsey Centre, Australia
- Edward Walker, NSF, USA