ISC 2020 CALL FOR PHD FORUM
The ISC High Performance conference is Europe’s largest international conference and exhibition for high performance computing (HPC), networking and storage. The ISC 2020 PhD Forum provides an opportunity for PhD students to present research results in a setting that sparks scientific exchange and lively discussions.
The PhD Forum consists of two parts:
- A set of short back-to-back lightning talks (swift, focused presentation of the PhD student’s research objectives and early results)
- Poster presentation session (starting point for engaging discussions with more in-depth information)
Submitted PhD Forum proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2020 PhD Forum Committee, which is headed by Prof. Dr. Martin Schulz, TU Munich, Germany, with Olga Pearce, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), USA, as Deputy Chair.
Submissions will be accepted through Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
|Submission Deadline||February 19, 2020, 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||April 1, 2020|
|Final Presentation Slides in PDF due||June 8, 2020|
| PhD Forum
||June 22, 2020|
|Final Posters in PDF due||June 25, 2020|
Springer, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine, will again sponsor the call for PhD Forum with the ISC 2020 PhD Forum Award.
The presenters will be granted a free conference day pass to one presenter per PhD Forum contribution for the day of their presentation, Monday, June 22, 2020.
|PhD Forums Chair||Martin Schulz, TU Munich|
|PhD Forums Deputy Chair||Olga Pearce, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA|
Topics may range from performance analysis to optimization, from tools to applications, and from software engineering to hardware architectures, with a cross-cut on reproducible and open-science research. Essentially, all areas covered in the call for research papers are also accepted for the PhD Forum submissions. We strongly encourage submissions by students in an early phase of their PhD track.
We are working on securing some limited travel support for accepted submissions to the PhD Forum.
- Author information
- Summary of research objectives/early results (500 words maximum)
- Topic area
- One to five keywords
- Draft of the poster as PDF file, 1 page maximum (the final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”) (accepted posters can be revised based on reviewer feedback)
- Double blind submission is not required
Final decision (April 1, 2020)
- Notification of authors
Before ISC 2020
- Students who wish to participate in the ISC 2020 PhD Forum must not have defended their PhD thesis by the time of the conference (June 2020).
- By submitting a PhD Forum proposal, you agree to give a lightning talk and present a poster at the ISC 2020 PhD Forum in Frankfurt, Germany.
- PhD Forum presenters need to be registered ISC 2020 participants
- ISC organizers will grant a 100% discount on the conference day pass to one presenter per PhD Forum contribution for the day of their presentation.
- Poster presenters are responsible for creating, printing and transporting their posters to the conference. The final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”).
- Only posters of registered presenters will be admitted.
- The lightning talk consists of exactly five slides; the slide presentation is automatic and provides a fixed amount of time (typically 60s) for each slide.
- During the poster session, the presenters are required to be available at their posters for discussions.
- The ISC organizers will provide poster boards, numbers, topic areas, tape etc. for the poster session.
After ISC 2020:
- The presenters will have to provide a set of five slides (including a title slide) for their lightning talk by Monday, June 08, 2020 at the latest.
In addition to publishing PDFs of the posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will make the posters/presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2020 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.