ISC 2021 Call for PhD Forum
PLEASE NOTE: The call for PhD Forum is currently open for submission!
The ISC High Performance conference is Europe’s largest international conference and exhibition for high performance computing (HPC), networking and storage. ISC PhD Forum is an excellent opportunity to present your latest research results, projects, and innovations to a global audience including your HPC peers and future coworkers.
All posters will be presented through the digital ISC and we intend to offer interactivity between presenters and attendees.
The PhD Forum consists of two parts:
- A set of short back-to-back lightning talks (swift, focused presentation of the PhD student’s research objectives and early results; format will be defined soon)
- Poster presentation session (starting point for engaging discussions with more in-depth information)
Submitted PhD Forum proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2021 PhD Forum Committee, which is headed by Olga Pearce, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), USA, with Abhinav Bhatele, University of Maryland, USA, as Deputy Chair.
Submissions will be accepted through Wednesday, March 10, 2021.
Springer, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine, will again sponsor the ISC 2021 PhD Forum Award which recognizes the three most outstanding posters as selected by members of the PhD Forum committee. The awards include cash prizes for the first, second and third winner.
|Submission Deadline||March 10, 2021, 11:59 pm AoE|
| Notification of Acceptance
||May 5, 2021|
|Final Presentation Slides in PDF due||June 7, 2021|
|Final Posters in PDF due||June 7, 2021|
Attendance requires a Conference Pass. Registration fees will be published in spring 2021.
ISC will grant a complimentary conference pass to one author per accepted poster.
|PhD Forums Chair||Olga Pearce, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA|
|PhD Forums Deputy Chair||Abhinav Bhatele, University of Maryland, USA|
Topics may range from performance analysis to optimization, from tools to applications, and from software engineering to hardware architectures, with a cross-cut on reproducible and open-science research. Essentially, all areas covered in the call for research papers are also accepted for the PhD Forum submissions. We strongly encourage submissions by students in an early phase of their PhD track.
The PhD Forum Committee will elect three students to receive the ISC 2021 PhD Forum Award. The award is sponsored by Springer, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine and recognizes three most outstanding posters with three cash prizes of 500 / 300 / 150 Euros for the first, second and third winner.
Submissions will be accepted through Wednesday, March 10, 2021
PhD Forum proposals need to be submitted via the ISC 2021 Linklings submission site.
- Author information
- Summary of research objectives/early results (500 words maximum)
- Topic area
- Draft of the poster as PDF file
- 1 page maximum
- Posters must be submitted in high-resolution to ensure readability. (e.g. resolution: 2384 px × 3370 px at 72 dpi)
- maximum file size: 10 MB
(accepted posters can be revised based on reviewer feedback)
- Double blind submission is not required
Final decision (May 5, 2021)
- Notification of authors
- Students who wish to participate in the ISC 2021 PhD Forum must not have defended their PhD thesis by the time of the conference (June 2021).
- Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2021 participants (conference pass), though one author will be granted a complimentary conference pass
- Registration fees for other authors, and other such expenses will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
- The presenters will have to provide a set of five slides (including a title slide) for their lightning talk by Monday, June 7, 2021 at the latest.
In addition to publishing PDFs of the posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will make the conference materials (posters/presentations) available for attendees.